Brazeau, Toporowski, Callahan Help P-Bruins Top Crunch 5-3
November 25, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Providence Bruins News Release
Syracuse, NY - Justin Brazeau posted two goals, while Luke Toporowski and Mike Callahan notched two points on a goal and assist, routing the Providence Bruins to a 5-3 victory over the Syracuse Crunch on Friday night at Upstate Medical University Arena. Brazeau's first goal tied the game, leading to Toporowski's game-winner just 1:28 later. Samuel Asselin also scored his second goal in as many games.
How It Happened
Daniel Walcott found the puck in a scrum off the faceoff at the bottom of the right circle and snuck a shot short-side top shelf to open the scoring for the Crunch with 13:44 remaining in the first period.
Providence tied the game at 1-1 with 6:26 left in the first period after Callahan faked a shot from the point and ripped a wrist shot that went high glove side. Josiah Didier and Fabian Lysell were credited with assists on the goal.
Asselin gave the P-Bruins a 2-1 lead on the power play after Toporowski slid the puck across the ice to the right circle, where Asselin one-timed a shot into an open goal with 4:39 left in the first period. Jack Ahcan also received an assist on the goal.
Gemel Smith tied the game at 2-2 on the power play after he found a rebound backdoor and backhanded it into the net with 3:22 left in the first period.
The Crunch took a 3-2 lead when Darren Raddysh fired a shot in from the bottom of the right circle short-side from an off-angle with 7:27 left in the second period.
Brazeau tied the game at 3-3 with 17:56 remaining in the third period, collecting a rebound in front and tucking a shot top shelf from above the crease. Callahan and John Beecher were credited with assists on the goal.
Just 1:28 after the Brazeau goal, Toporowski caught a feed from Oskar Steen on a 2-on-0 and fired a wrist shot from in tight to give the P-Bruins a 4-3 lead with 16:28 remaining in the third period. Connor Carrick also received an assist on the goal.
Brazeau notched his second goal of the game on an empty net with 1:26 remaining in the third to give the P-Bruins a 5-3 lead. Joona Koppanen and Carrick were credited with assists on the goal.
Beecher's assist extended his point streak to two games.
Carrick has four assists in his last two games.
Asselin has goals in his last two games with three points in that span.
Brazeau has points in two straight games as well.
Keith Kinkaid stopped 38 of the 41 shots he faced. Providence totaled 40 shots in the contest.
The P-Bruins power play went 1-for-5, and the penalty kill was 1-for-2.
The P-Bruins take on the Syracuse Crunch for the second time in as many days on Saturday, November 26 at Upstate Medical University Arena. Puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2022
- Three-Goal Second Period Propels Colorado to 5-1 Victory Over Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Galchenyuk Nets Two Goals In Eagles' 5-1 Win Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- Belleville Sens Fall to Laval Rocket - Belleville Senators
- Malone, Murray Lead Amerks Past Bridgeport in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Host Cleveland Monsters in Second Half of Back-to-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Secure First Shutout Win of the Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Storm Past Wolves for Five-Goal Victory - Texas Stars
- Foerster and Desnoyers Score as Phantoms Land Road Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Fall to Stars 6-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Ads' Streak Ends in Rockord - Milwaukee Admirals
- Third-Period Comeback Clinches Tokarski's 200th Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Arvid Holm Finishes With 31 Saves In Loss For Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Drop First Game of Home-and-Home Series 4-1 to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tim Gettinger Strikes Late, But Bears Hold off Wolf Pack in Tight 2-1 Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Road Trip Continues with 2-1 Victory over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Brazeau, Toporowski, Callahan Help P-Bruins Top Crunch 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Bruins, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Deal Knights 5-2 Loss on Black Friday - San Jose Barracuda
- Henderson Defeated by San Jose, 5-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Justin Sourdif Scores in Overtime to Give Checkers 3-2 Win over Utica - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Comeback Falls Short in Overtime against Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Calgary Wranglers Defeat Abbotsford Canucks 5-1 in First Ever Meeting - Abbotsford Canucks
- San Diego Gulls to Host Fourth Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Game Saturday, November 26 - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Reassign Trenton Bliss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Make Two Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set with Laval - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Welcome Bears for Weekend Back-To-Back Set - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Alex Barre-Boulet from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Hot Hogs Take on First Place Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Hughes' Late Goal Completes Thanksgiving Comeback For Firebirds - Coachella Valley Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Recall Fedor Gordeev from Maine
- Three Different Goal Scorers Help P-Bruins to Eighth Straight Victory
- P-Bruins Top Checkers, Extend Win Streak to Seven Games
- Bussi, P-Bruins Down Checkers, Clinch Spot in Calder Cup Playoffs
- Bruins Buzz - March 21