Barracuda Deal Knights 5-2 Loss on Black Friday
November 25, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - San Jose Barracuda News Release
Henderson, NV - The San Jose Barracuda (9-7-0-1) scored three times in the third period on Friday afternoon at The Dollar Loan Center in Henderson, claiming a 5-2 win over the Silver Knights (5-14-0-0). The victory was the club's first-ever win on the road versus Henderson in 11 attempts between the regular season and playoffs.
In the first, the Silver Knights would break the ice as Byron Froese slung a shot on net and Jonas Rondbjerg (5) shoveled in the rebound at 8:06 past Strauss Mann. Less than a minute later, at 8:55, Montana Onyebuchi (1) would net his first goal in 54 contests to tie it up at 1-1.
In the second, while on the power play, Tristen Robins (7) would give the Cuda a 2-1 lead as he ripped a shot top-shelf far side at 10:14. But, the Silver Knights would answer on their power play as Froese (3) tipped in a Daniil Miromanov point-shot at 11:43.
The game would go into the final 20 minutes tied at 2-2, and at 15:43, Thomas Bordeleau (8) would give the Barracuda back its lead as he pulled a loose puck off of Laurent Brossoit's pad and tucked it in. Andrew Agozzino (4) would all but put the game away with a breakaway strike at 17:22 and then Jeff Viel (3) sealed the victory with an empty netter at 18:39.
Onyebuchi finished with the Gordie Howe hat trick, while Agozzino notched a season-high three points (1+2=3), extending his point streak to six games (3+5=8).
Eetu Makiniemi (3-3-1) earned the win by working the final 40 minutes, stopping 25 of 26. Brossoit (1-5-0) was dealt the loss, giving up four goals on 26 shots.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2022
- Three-Goal Second Period Propels Colorado to 5-1 Victory Over Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Galchenyuk Nets Two Goals In Eagles' 5-1 Win Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- Belleville Sens Fall to Laval Rocket - Belleville Senators
- Malone, Murray Lead Amerks Past Bridgeport in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Host Cleveland Monsters in Second Half of Back-to-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Secure First Shutout Win of the Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Storm Past Wolves for Five-Goal Victory - Texas Stars
- Foerster and Desnoyers Score as Phantoms Land Road Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Fall to Stars 6-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Ads' Streak Ends in Rockord - Milwaukee Admirals
- Third-Period Comeback Clinches Tokarski's 200th Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Arvid Holm Finishes With 31 Saves In Loss For Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Drop First Game of Home-and-Home Series 4-1 to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tim Gettinger Strikes Late, But Bears Hold off Wolf Pack in Tight 2-1 Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Road Trip Continues with 2-1 Victory over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Brazeau, Toporowski, Callahan Help P-Bruins Top Crunch 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Bruins, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Deal Knights 5-2 Loss on Black Friday - San Jose Barracuda
- Henderson Defeated by San Jose, 5-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Justin Sourdif Scores in Overtime to Give Checkers 3-2 Win over Utica - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Comeback Falls Short in Overtime against Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Calgary Wranglers Defeat Abbotsford Canucks 5-1 in First Ever Meeting - Abbotsford Canucks
- San Diego Gulls to Host Fourth Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Game Saturday, November 26 - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Reassign Trenton Bliss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Make Two Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set with Laval - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Welcome Bears for Weekend Back-To-Back Set - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Alex Barre-Boulet from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Hot Hogs Take on First Place Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Hughes' Late Goal Completes Thanksgiving Comeback For Firebirds - Coachella Valley Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- Barracuda Cruise Past Condors, 5-1
- Barracuda Sign Ethan Frisch to ATO
- Barracuda Sign Chase Gresock to ATO
- Barracuda Blanked by Eagles, 8-0
- Barracuda Sign Nathan Burke to ATO