Belleville Sens Make Two Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set with Laval
BELLEVILLE, ON - The Belleville Senators are announcing a pair of roster moves, ahead of their weekend doubleheader with the Laval Rocket at CAA Arena.
The Senators have recalled defenceman Zachary Massicotte from the Allen Americans (ECHL) and have signed forward Brandon Cutler to a professional tryout offer, from the Utah Grizzlies (ECHL).
Massicotte, 21, took part in the Ottawa Senators rookie tournament and training camp, as well as the Belleville Sens training camp, before inking a two-way AHL deal with the Senators on October 13, 2022. He was sent to Allen on November 2, 2022, and has registered four points (one goal, three assists) with a plus-two rating in eight games played.
Prior to turning pro, the Shawinigan, Quebec native spent the past four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, splitting time between the Rimouski Oceanic and his hometown Cataractes, posting 70 points (16 goals, 54 assists) and a plus-43 rating over 220 career games. He helped the Cataractes to a QMJHL championship last season, as well.
Cutler, 22, is currently playing his second season with Utah and has five points (three goals, two assists) in 11 games played. The Spruce Grove, Alberta native split last season between Utah and the Abbotsford Canucks (AHL), putting up 27 points (10 goals, 17 assists) in 23 ECHL games, and eight points (two goals, six assists) in 36 AHL contests.
Before turning pro last season, Cutler played 258 WHL games, split between the Victoria Royals and Red Deer Rebels, and registered 106 points (47 goals, 59 assists) over five seasons.
Tickets for all Belleville Sens home games are available via Ticketmaster or at the CAA Arena Box Office, with more information on group experiences, promotional packs and more, available on the Belleville Sens website.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2022
- Three-Goal Second Period Propels Colorado to 5-1 Victory Over Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Galchenyuk Nets Two Goals In Eagles' 5-1 Win Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- Belleville Sens Fall to Laval Rocket - Belleville Senators
- Malone, Murray Lead Amerks Past Bridgeport in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Host Cleveland Monsters in Second Half of Back-to-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Secure First Shutout Win of the Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Storm Past Wolves for Five-Goal Victory - Texas Stars
- Foerster and Desnoyers Score as Phantoms Land Road Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Fall to Stars 6-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Ads' Streak Ends in Rockord - Milwaukee Admirals
- Third-Period Comeback Clinches Tokarski's 200th Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Arvid Holm Finishes With 31 Saves In Loss For Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Drop First Game of Home-and-Home Series 4-1 to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tim Gettinger Strikes Late, But Bears Hold off Wolf Pack in Tight 2-1 Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Road Trip Continues with 2-1 Victory over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Brazeau, Toporowski, Callahan Help P-Bruins Top Crunch 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Bruins, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Deal Knights 5-2 Loss on Black Friday - San Jose Barracuda
- Henderson Defeated by San Jose, 5-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Justin Sourdif Scores in Overtime to Give Checkers 3-2 Win over Utica - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Comeback Falls Short in Overtime against Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Calgary Wranglers Defeat Abbotsford Canucks 5-1 in First Ever Meeting - Abbotsford Canucks
- San Diego Gulls to Host Fourth Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Game Saturday, November 26 - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Reassign Trenton Bliss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Make Two Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set with Laval - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Welcome Bears for Weekend Back-To-Back Set - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Alex Barre-Boulet from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Hot Hogs Take on First Place Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Hughes' Late Goal Completes Thanksgiving Comeback For Firebirds - Coachella Valley Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Belleville Sens Head Into All-Star Break With A Hard-Fought Point
- Ottawa Senators release statement regarding coaching staff
- Belleville Sens Earn Emphatic Win Over Amerks
- Belleville Sens Sign Forward John Quenneville to American Hockey League Contract
- Belleville Sens Conclude Road Trip with Loss to Thunderbirds