Belleville Sens Fall to Laval Rocket
BELLEVILLE, ON - The Belleville Senators could not complete the comeback as they fell 7-5 to the Laval Rocket on Friday night at CAA Arena.
Belleville opened the scoring in the first period as Matthew Boucher notched his first career AHL tally with a redirection. Later in the frame, the Rocket evened the score when Otto Leskinen made it 1-1 after twenty minutes of play.
Early in the second, Laval scored three unanswered times through Anthony Richard, Jan Mysak, and Rafaël Harvey-Pinard to make it 4-1 before the 8:18 mark of the frame, prompting a goaltending change as Antoine Bibeau entered the contest in relief of Logan Flodell. The Senators quickly responded when Scott Sabourin found the back of the net, but the Rocket would once again extend their advantage on the power play as Justin Barron hit twine. Belleville would make it 5-2 before the end of the period as Angus Crookshank collected his fourth of the campaign after he finished a pass from Cole Cassels.
The scoring continued in the third as Jake Lucchini and Maxence Guenette tallied for Belleville to even the score. However, the relentless Laval pressure saw Nicolas Beaudin notch the eventual game-winner with a seeing-eye shot, before Justin Barron tallied into an empty net to secure the victory.
The Belleville Senators return to action tomorrow when they host the Laval Rocket on Teddy Bear Toss Night.
Sens On Special Teams:
Power Play: 1/5| Penalty Kill: 3/6
Antoine Bibeau made 17 saves.
Brennan Saulnier extended his point streak to five straight.
Cole Cassels has six points in his last five games.
Rourke Chartier has points in five straight.
Head Coach Troy Mann: " I loved our start. I thought we came up with some purpose and really controlled the tempo of the game, and got the lead, which was good. We talked earlier today about the start and certain things we wanted to accomplish early in the game. I thought we did that."
Tickets for all Belleville Sens home games are available via Ticketmaster or at the CAA Arena Box Office.
Images from this story
Laval Rocket's Nicolas Beaudin And Cayden Primeau Celebrate Win
Belleville Senators' Cole Reinhardt In Action
Laval Rocket's Justin Barron Celebrates Win
Laval Rockets celebrate victory over Belleville Senators
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2022
- Three-Goal Second Period Propels Colorado to 5-1 Victory Over Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Galchenyuk Nets Two Goals In Eagles' 5-1 Win Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- Belleville Sens Fall to Laval Rocket - Belleville Senators
- Malone, Murray Lead Amerks Past Bridgeport in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Host Cleveland Monsters in Second Half of Back-to-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Secure First Shutout Win of the Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Storm Past Wolves for Five-Goal Victory - Texas Stars
- Foerster and Desnoyers Score as Phantoms Land Road Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Fall to Stars 6-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Ads' Streak Ends in Rockord - Milwaukee Admirals
- Third-Period Comeback Clinches Tokarski's 200th Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Arvid Holm Finishes With 31 Saves In Loss For Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Drop First Game of Home-and-Home Series 4-1 to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Tim Gettinger Strikes Late, But Bears Hold off Wolf Pack in Tight 2-1 Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Road Trip Continues with 2-1 Victory over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Brazeau, Toporowski, Callahan Help P-Bruins Top Crunch 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Bruins, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Deal Knights 5-2 Loss on Black Friday - San Jose Barracuda
- Henderson Defeated by San Jose, 5-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Justin Sourdif Scores in Overtime to Give Checkers 3-2 Win over Utica - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Comeback Falls Short in Overtime against Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Calgary Wranglers Defeat Abbotsford Canucks 5-1 in First Ever Meeting - Abbotsford Canucks
- San Diego Gulls to Host Fourth Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Game Saturday, November 26 - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Reassign Trenton Bliss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Make Two Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set with Laval - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Welcome Bears for Weekend Back-To-Back Set - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Alex Barre-Boulet from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Hot Hogs Take on First Place Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Hughes' Late Goal Completes Thanksgiving Comeback For Firebirds - Coachella Valley Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Belleville Sens Head Into All-Star Break With A Hard-Fought Point
- Ottawa Senators release statement regarding coaching staff
- Belleville Sens Earn Emphatic Win Over Amerks
- Belleville Sens Sign Forward John Quenneville to American Hockey League Contract
- Belleville Sens Conclude Road Trip with Loss to Thunderbirds