Blue Jackets Reassign Forward Maxime Fortier to Monsters from ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Monday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, reassigned forward Maxime Fortier to Cleveland from the ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen. A 5'10", 183 lb. right-handed native of Montreal, QC, Fortier, 21, appeared in one game for the Monsters earlier this season and added 12-13-25 with four penalty minutes and a +5 rating in 21 appearances for Jacksonville in 2018-19.
Prior to his professional career, Fortier contributed 104-166-270 with 118 penalty minutes and a -5 rating in 263 appearances for the QMJHL's Halifax Mooseheads spanning parts of five seasons from 2014-18.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Wednesday road clash vs. the Belleville Senators with full coverage, live from CAA Arena in Belleville, ON, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters Holiday Packs are on sale now and include exclusive Monsters Holiday socks, a Monsters snow globe and equal number of Disney on Ice tickets at The Q! Holiday Packs start as low as $54 and can be purchased today by visiting www.clevelandmonsters.com/holiday or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 7, 2019
- STARS Stars Add James Phelan and Brad McClure from Idaho, Return Spencer Naas - Texas Stars
- Week 14 Report: Dominant Victory Snaps Hogs' Skid - Rockford IceHogs
- Anaheim Ducks and San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Tickets on Sale for Tip a Condor Casino Night - Bakersfield Condors
- Florida Panthers Recall Defenseman Ian McCoshen from Springfield (AHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Cleveland Monsters
- Blue Jackets Reassign Forward Maxime Fortier to Monsters from ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves Insider: Catching up on the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Senators Release Breton from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 7-13 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hogs to Don Specialty Jerseys for Autism Awareness Night January 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch to Offer Complimentary Tickets to Furloughed Federal Employees January 11 - Syracuse Crunch
- Glotov Named to the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Partner with Fidelis Care for Dental Health Awareness Program - Rochester Americans
- Thunderbirds, MGM Springfield Announce Exciting Events for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 7 - Manitoba Moose
- Blues Assign Schmaltz to Rampage, Recall Blais - San Antonio Rampage
- Florida Panthers Loan D Chris Wideman to Springfield Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Nikita Scherbak Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Jordan Binnington Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - San Antonio Rampage
- San Antonio's Jordan Binnington Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Goaltender Brandon Halverson Reassigned to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Pirri Goes Back to Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Sadowy Reassigned to Walleye, Spezia Released - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Stymied in 1-0 Road Loss to Rocket
- Blue Jackets Assign Gabriel Carlsson, Kole Sherwood to Monsters
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters
- Comeback Falls Short for Monsters in 5-4 Loss to Devils
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters