Austin FC Falls 2-1 to Los Angeles FC
Austin, TEXAS - A late strike from Daniel Musovski saw Los Angeles FC defeat Austin FC 2-1 on Wednesday night at Q2 Stadium.
ATXFC looked to have found the perfect start just three (3) minutes in. Cecilio Domínguez played in Sebastián Driussi, who beat LAFC goalkeeper Tomás Romero with a clever low finish only to see the assistant referee's flag come up after Domínguez was offside earlier in the play.
Brad Stuver made a quality save in the 24th minute to deny MLS Player of the Week Cristian Arango, getting down quickly to keep out a powerful close-range effort from the Colombian.
However, Arango would get his goal in the second half when the referee ruled that a cross hit Diego Fagundez's arm and awarded LAFC a penalty kick after consulting VAR. The in-form striker converted from the spot in the 59th minute.
It wasn't long before better luck found Fagundez. Eight (8) minutes after Austin FC fell behind, Alex Ring created space for Domínguez with a through ball. Domínguez's shot caromed off the post and fell to Fagundez, who put away the rebound to bring ATXFC back on level terms.
Austin had a golden chance to take the lead in the 79th minute, but Ring's shot dribbled inches wide of the post. LAFC substitute Musovski then broke in behind the ATXFC defense to restore the visitors' advantage in the 81st minute, sealing the three (3) points for LAFC.
LAFC (0-1) - Cristian Arango (penalty) 59'
ATX (1-1) - Diego Fagundez (unassisted) 67'
LAFC (1-2) - Daniel Musovski (assisted by José Cifuentes) 81'
LAFC - Daniel Crisostomo (caution) 29'
ATX - Jared Stroud (caution) 35'
ATX - Julio Cascante (caution) 64'
LAFC - Daniel Musovski (caution) 79'
Austin FC Head Coach Josh Wolff digital press conference
Austin FC Defender Nick Lima digital press conference
Austin FC vs Los Angeles FC | Q2 Stadium (Austin,TX) | September 15, 2021
Austin FC: Brad Stuver, Jhohan Romaña, Å1/2an Kolmanič, Nick Lima, Julio Cascante (Hector Jimenez 86'), Diego Fagundez (Jon Gallagher 76'), Alex Ring ©, Jared Stroud (Rodney Redes 45'), Sebastian Berhalter (Daniel Pereira 63'), Sebastián Driussi, Cecilio Domínguez (Moussa Djitté 87')
Substitutes not used: Aedan Stanley, Andrew Tarbell, Freddy Kleemann, Kekuta Manneh
Head Coach: Josh Wolff
TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 1; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 2
Los Angeles FC: Tomás Romero, Mamadou Fall, Jesús David Murillo ©, Marco Farfan (Daniel Musovski 75'), Francisco Ginella, Daniel Crisostomo (Bryce Duke 75'), Kim Moon-Hwan, Raheem Edwards (Diego Palacios 66'), Cristian Arango, Brian Rodríguez (Jordan Harvey 88'), José Cifuentes
Substitutes not used: Latif Blessing, Cal Jennings, Greg Ranjitsingh
Head Coach: Bob Bradley
TOTAL SHOTS: 17; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 0
Referee: Tim Ford
Assistant Referee 1: Adam Garner
Assistant Referee 2: Diego Blas
4th Official: Guido Gonzales Jr.
Weather: Clear, 85 degrees
Statistical source: MLSsoccer.com / Opta
Austin FC will remain at Q2 Stadium for its twelfth home match of the MLS 2021 regular season, taking on the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday, September 18. The match will feature a regional TV broadcast in English language on KNVA (The CW Austin) and on radio at ALT 97.5 FM. The match will also be broadcast in English on Q2 Stadium app and AustinFC.com. In Spanish language, the match will be featured on TV on UniMás Austin and on radio on TUDN Radio Austin (104.3-HD2, KLQB).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2021
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on FridayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls Face off against Inter Miami CF for First Time this Season - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Announces Kick Childhood Cancer Initiatives - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Forward Ola Kamara Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 25 - MLS
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 16, 2021 - New England Revolution
- MLS vs. LIGA MX Leagues Cup Final Set: Seattle Sounders FC Will Face Club León September 22 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Goalkeeper Michael Nelson Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Earthquakes Midfielder Chofis Named to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Christian Makoun Named to MLS Week 25 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Winger Jáder Obrian Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 25 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Los Angeles Releases Official Campaign Video in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™ - LA Galaxy
- Justin Morrow Announces Retirement - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Defender Chase Gasper - Minnesota United FC
- The Carolina Lightnin', Charlotte's First Pro Soccer Team, Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF Hosts Special Event to Unveil Leading Crypto Finance Firm XBTO as Its Primary Jersey SponsorÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Fight Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Home against Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Draw Portland 2-2 in Back-And-Forth Contest - Colorado Rapids
- Quakes midfielder Chofis scores hat-trick in loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ten-Man Timbers Battle Back to Gain 2-2 Draw against Colorado Rapids - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Earns Dramatic Come-From-Behind Victory over San Jose Earthquakes - Real Salt Lake
- First-Place Sporting KC Hammers Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Wins Third Straight with 2-1 Win over Austin - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Falls 2-1 to Los Angeles FC - Austin FC
- CF Montréal Scores Four to Top Orlando City SC - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United Win 3-0 against Chicago Fire FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Falls to Club America - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC Lose 4-0 in Kansas City - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Announce Details of New "El Arbolito CupÃ¢ÂÂ Presented by Visible
- Q2 Stadium Earns Leed Gold Certification
- Austin FC to Host FC Cincinnati in 2022 Season Opener, Presented by Q2
- Austin FC Exercises Transfer Option for Žan Kolmanič
- Austin FC Re-Sign John "Xverde" Garcia for 2022 eMLS Season