LAFC Wins Third Straight with 2-1 Win over Austin
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) won its third straight match on Wednesday night, using a late goal from forward Danny Musovski in the 81st minute to pull out the victory. The Black & Gold are in the midst of a four-game unbeaten run and now have 33 points and a 9-9-6 (W-L-T) record.
LAFC got the scoring started in the 59th minute on a Cristian Arango penalty kick after Austin was whistled for a hand ball in the box. It was Arango's fifth goal in seven games with LAFC and his fourth straight game finding the back of the net.
Austin tied the match in the 67th minute on a goal from Diego Fagundez, but shorthanded LAFC was able to pull out the road win when Musovski found the back of the net off a great pass from Jose Cifuentes.
LAFC returns to action on Sunday, Sept. 19 in Portland at 4:30 p.m. PT. The game will be broadcast live on FS1, Fox Deportes and 710 AM and 980 AM La Mera, La Mera.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2021
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on FridayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls Face off against Inter Miami CF for First Time this Season - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Announces Kick Childhood Cancer Initiatives - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Forward Ola Kamara Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 25 - MLS
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 16, 2021 - New England Revolution
- MLS vs. LIGA MX Leagues Cup Final Set: Seattle Sounders FC Will Face Club León September 22 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Goalkeeper Michael Nelson Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Earthquakes Midfielder Chofis Named to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Christian Makoun Named to MLS Week 25 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Winger Jáder Obrian Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 25 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Los Angeles Releases Official Campaign Video in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™ - LA Galaxy
- Justin Morrow Announces Retirement - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Defender Chase Gasper - Minnesota United FC
- The Carolina Lightnin', Charlotte's First Pro Soccer Team, Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF Hosts Special Event to Unveil Leading Crypto Finance Firm XBTO as Its Primary Jersey SponsorÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Fight Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Home against Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Draw Portland 2-2 in Back-And-Forth Contest - Colorado Rapids
- Quakes midfielder Chofis scores hat-trick in loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ten-Man Timbers Battle Back to Gain 2-2 Draw against Colorado Rapids - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Earns Dramatic Come-From-Behind Victory over San Jose Earthquakes - Real Salt Lake
- First-Place Sporting KC Hammers Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Wins Third Straight with 2-1 Win over Austin - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Falls 2-1 to Los Angeles FC - Austin FC
- CF Montréal Scores Four to Top Orlando City SC - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United Win 3-0 against Chicago Fire FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Falls to Club America - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC Lose 4-0 in Kansas City - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- Proof of Vaccination Or Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required at Dignity Health Sports Park Events Beginning October 8
- LAFC Announces Date Change for Home Match against Vancouver
- LAFC and Galaxy Tie 1-1
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Portland Timbers
- LAFC Falls 2-0 to San Jose Earthquakes