MLS vs. LIGA MX Leagues Cup Final Set: Seattle Sounders FC Will Face Club León September 22 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
September 16, 2021 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK CITY AND MEXICO CITY - The Final for the 2021 Leagues Cup is set. Seattle Sounders FC, representing Major League Soccer, will face Club León of LIGA MX next Wednesday, Sept. 22 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nev. at 10 p.m. ET. Tickets to the Leagues Cup Final are available to the general public via Ticketmaster.com or.
More information is available at LeaguesCup.com. Also, a reminder to fans that for all other events other than Raiders games at Allegiant Stadium, all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a face mask while inside the stadium.
Leagues Cup Final next Wednesday is the latest in the series of head-to-head summer matches between Mexico and the United States at the club and international level. The United States has the upper hand with wins in the Concacaf Nations League Final, Concacaf Gold Cup and the MLS All-Star Game. To wrap up the five weeks of MLS vs. LIGA MX matchups, Leagues Cup Final will feature MLS against LIGA MX representation, and Campeones Cup on Sept. 29 will pit Columbus Crew and Cruz Azul. Since 2018, LIGA MX clubs have the edge with 28 wins, 17 wins for MLS clubs and eight ties in official club competitions.
Seattle Sounders move on to the Final after a thrilling 1-0 victory in the waning minutes of the semifinal match against Santos Laguna at Lumen Field on Tuesday night, with a 93rd minute Raúl Ruidíaz goal. On Wednesday night in Houston, with goals from Santiago Colombatto and Santiago Ormeño, León moved on to the Final with a 2-0 win over Pumas. Both Seattle and León are in search of their first-ever international title.
The Leagues Cup perpetual trophy, which had been housed in Cruz Azul's trophy room at the club's training facility in La Noria since September 2019, will be handed to the winner in Las Vegas on September 22 in Las Vegas.
The inaugural Leagues Cup first took place in 2019, in front of large, enthusiastic crowds across the United States, with Cruz Azul defeating Tigres UANL in an all-LIGA MX final at Sam Boyd Stadium.
Fans planning to attend the Leagues Cup Final in Las Vegas are encouraged to book hotel rooms with MGM Resorts International. Click here for the best available rates or visit mgmresorts.com for more information.
Leagues Cup, sponsored by BODYARMOR, GEICO, MGM Resorts International and Procter & Gamble, will be broadcast on Univision and ESPN networks and digital platforms in the United States, TSN and TVA Sports in Canada, and Televisa and TUDN platforms in Mexico.
Media Accreditation for the Final
Leagues Cup History
2021: Seattle Sounders vs. Club León
2019: Cruz Azul 2, Tigres UANL 1
Leagues Cup™ 2021 Schedule
All Times Eastern / * Subject to change
Tuesday, August 10
QF4: Sporting Kansas City 1, Club León 6
QF3: Seattle Sounders FC 3, Tigres UANL 0
Wednesday, August 11
QF2: New York City FC 1 (2), Pumas 1 (3)
Thursday, August 12
QF1: Orlando City SC 0, Santos Laguna 1
Tuesday, September 14
Seattle Sounders 1, Santos Laguna 0
Wednesday, September 15
León 2, Pumas 0
Seattle Sounders vs. Club León (Allegiant Stadium - Las Vegas, NV), 10:00 p.m. ET (ESPN2, UniMás, TUDN)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2021
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on FridayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls Face off against Inter Miami CF for First Time this Season - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Announces Kick Childhood Cancer Initiatives - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Forward Ola Kamara Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 25 - MLS
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 16, 2021 - New England Revolution
- MLS vs. LIGA MX Leagues Cup Final Set: Seattle Sounders FC Will Face Club León September 22 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Goalkeeper Michael Nelson Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Earthquakes Midfielder Chofis Named to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Christian Makoun Named to MLS Week 25 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Winger Jáder Obrian Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 25 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Los Angeles Releases Official Campaign Video in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™ - LA Galaxy
- Justin Morrow Announces Retirement - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Defender Chase Gasper - Minnesota United FC
- The Carolina Lightnin', Charlotte's First Pro Soccer Team, Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF Hosts Special Event to Unveil Leading Crypto Finance Firm XBTO as Its Primary Jersey SponsorÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Fight Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Home against Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Draw Portland 2-2 in Back-And-Forth Contest - Colorado Rapids
- Quakes midfielder Chofis scores hat-trick in loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ten-Man Timbers Battle Back to Gain 2-2 Draw against Colorado Rapids - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Earns Dramatic Come-From-Behind Victory over San Jose Earthquakes - Real Salt Lake
- First-Place Sporting KC Hammers Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Wins Third Straight with 2-1 Win over Austin - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Falls 2-1 to Los Angeles FC - Austin FC
- CF Montréal Scores Four to Top Orlando City SC - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United Win 3-0 against Chicago Fire FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Falls to Club America - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC Lose 4-0 in Kansas City - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.