CF Montréal Scores Four to Top Orlando City SC
ORLANDO, Florida - CF Montréal defeated Orlando City SC 4-2 on Wednesday night at Exploria Stadium in Florida, handing the Orlando side only its second home loss this season. With a two-men advantage, CF Montréal scored four times in this road victory with goals from Mathieu Choinière (18'), Romell Quioto (37'), Lassi Lappalainen (73') and Sunusi Ibrahim (80'). CF Montréal will play its next game at home this Sunday, September 19, at 1pm at Stade Saputo against the Chicago Fire (TVA Sports, TSN, 91.9 Sports, TSN 690).
-Djordje Mihailovic recorded two assists in the victory, becoming the fifth player in Club history to reach 10 assists in a season. He got the 25th assist of his MLS career.
-Sunusi Ibrahim tallied his second goal this season, with both goals coming off the bench as substitute.
-Lassi Lappalainen scored the 10th goal of his career in MLS with Montreal.
-CF Montréal scored four goals in a road game for the first time this season.
Post-game comments from head coach Wilfried Nancy, as well as with midfielders Samuel Piette and Mathieu Choinière are available here.
"What a story. I would like to experience a quiet game once in a while where we are in control of the situation, but that's who we are and we have to use that extra energy to win the game. But we did win, and that's good. We did well overall. I liked the variety we had in our play, being patient with the ball to attract them from left to right, but also from the top to the bottom of the pitch. I was able to give a break to a few guys, but I would have liked to have a better control of the game to close it earlier."
"Victor and I complement each other well in midfield and we are solid defensively, being able to cover a lot of ground. With the ball at our feet, we can do good things and bring our teammates into the play. And most of the time that is through a pass. Today's game called for that and that explains why it worked out well."
"I set goals during the season and one of them was to log more minutes and enjoy them as much as possible. That's exactly what's happening right now. Every time I step on the field with my teammates, I just try to play and enjoy the moment and my teammates are putting me in positions to fully take advantage of it."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 16, 2021
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New York Red Bulls on FridayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls Face off against Inter Miami CF for First Time this Season - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Announces Kick Childhood Cancer Initiatives - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Forward Ola Kamara Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 25 - MLS
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 16, 2021 - New England Revolution
- MLS vs. LIGA MX Leagues Cup Final Set: Seattle Sounders FC Will Face Club León September 22 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Goalkeeper Michael Nelson Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Earthquakes Midfielder Chofis Named to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Christian Makoun Named to MLS Week 25 Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Winger Jáder Obrian Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 25 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Los Angeles Releases Official Campaign Video in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™ - LA Galaxy
- Justin Morrow Announces Retirement - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Defender Chase Gasper - Minnesota United FC
- The Carolina Lightnin', Charlotte's First Pro Soccer Team, Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF Hosts Special Event to Unveil Leading Crypto Finance Firm XBTO as Its Primary Jersey SponsorÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Fight Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Home against Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Draw Portland 2-2 in Back-And-Forth Contest - Colorado Rapids
- Quakes midfielder Chofis scores hat-trick in loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ten-Man Timbers Battle Back to Gain 2-2 Draw against Colorado Rapids - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Earns Dramatic Come-From-Behind Victory over San Jose Earthquakes - Real Salt Lake
- First-Place Sporting KC Hammers Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Wins Third Straight with 2-1 Win over Austin - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Falls 2-1 to Los Angeles FC - Austin FC
- CF Montréal Scores Four to Top Orlando City SC - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United Win 3-0 against Chicago Fire FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Falls to Club America - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC Lose 4-0 in Kansas City - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- Djordje Mihailovic and Rudy Camacho Win Club's End-Of-Season Individual Awards
- CF Montréal to Play Home Opener March 5 at Olympic Stadium
- CF Montréal Wins Canadian Champion
- CF Montréal Hosts Toronto FC Sunday in the Canadian Championship Final
- Samuel Piette Bowvember Ambassador