Wolf Pack Name 20-21 Captain Prior to Home-Opener Sunday
Hartford, CT - The Wolf Pack announced today that Defenseman Vincent LoVerde has been named the 13th captain in Wolf Pack history and that defensemen Darren Raddysh and forward Paul Thompson were named home alternate captains, and forwards Anthony Greco and Jonny Brodzinski were named away alternate captains.
LoVerde is a ten-year pro, and two-time Calder Cup champion, who was resigned to an AHL contract by the Wolf Pack this summer and wore an A with the Wolf Pack in the 2019-20 season. The 31-year-old, Chicago, IL-born LoVerde brings just under 500 games of AHL experience to the Wolf Pack, having amassed career totals of 49 goals and 124 assists for 173 points, along with 338 PIM, in action last season in Hartford as well as previous seasons with Manchester Monarchs, Ontario Reign and Toronto Marlies. A product of Miami University (Ohio), LoVerde captained the 2014-15 Monarchs to a Calder Cup title and also won a Calder Cup with the 2017-18 Marlies.
The Hartford Wolf Pack open their 2020-21 regular season this Sunday, February 7, with a home-ice contest vs. Connecticut rival, Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Faceoff is 1:00 PM. At this time, tickets are not available, and all home Wolf Pack games will be played without fans in attendance. All regular season Wolf Pack games will be available for video stream via www.AHLTV.com. Live radio broadcast of all Wolf Pack home games will be available at www.hartfordwolfpack.com/listen-live/.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2021
- Texas Stars Power Through Iowa in Third Period for 8-4 Win - Texas Stars
- Stars result in Season Opener - Texas Stars
- Comets Victorious in Season Opener against Amerks - Utica Comets
- Chicago Wolves Add Two Games against Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Additions - AHL
- Season Opening Roster Set - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Visions Federal Credit Union to Present Veteran of the Game - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Name 20-21 Captain Prior to Home-Opener Sunday - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Swayman Stands Tall as P-Bruins Win Regular Season Opener, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Florida Panthers Assign Forward Aleksi Heponiemi to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Fall in Season Opener - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Announce Opening Night Roster, Team Captains for 65th Season - Rochester Americans
- Two Binghamton Devils Games Postponed & Rescheduled - Binghamton Devils
- Garrett Mitchell Named 13th Captain in Rockford IceHogs History - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- Tonight's Hershey Bears Game Rescheduled to February 17 - Hershey Bears
- Henderson Silver Knights Name Leadership Group for Inaugural Season - Henderson Silver Knights
- "Let's Go Tucson" for Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eagles President, GM Chris Stewart Announces Retirement - Colorado Eagles
- Belleville Senators add Sexton and Peters to coaching staff - Belleville Senators
- Condors Open Season against San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Sign Trio of Forwards - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League's 85th Season Begins Today - AHL
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Single Game Tickets on Sale - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #1 Preview: Bears at Devils, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Face Bruins to Kick off 2020-21 Season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.