Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils
Friday, Oct. 11 - PENGUINS 1 at Lehigh Valley 4
Lehigh Valley started off strong, taking a two-goal lead on Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in the first period. Stefan Noesen scored the Penguins' only goal for the night early in the second period, but the Phantoms responded with two more goals before the second period ended.
Saturday, Oct. 12 - PENGUINS 3 vs. Utica 4 (OT)
The Penguins dropped their home opener to the Comets in overtime. After Utica's Reid Boucher scored twice in the first, Noesen and David Warsofksy tied things up in the second. Anthony Angello gave the Pens a 3-2 lead midway through the third, but the Comets scored late to send the game to OT. During overtime, the Penguins out-shot the Comets, 6-1, but Utica's lone bid was the game-winner.
Sunday, Oct. 13 - PENGUINS 1 at Hershey 5
Niclas Almari scored his first AHL goal and spoiled Pheonix Copley's shutout bid. With the win, the Bears evened the season series against the Pens, 1-1-0-0.
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, Oct. 16 - PENGUINS vs. Binghamton
The Penguins get ready for another home game, one with an opponent that they've had much success against. Last season, the Penguins went 4-0-0-0 against the Devils and out-scored Binghamton, 19-8. Furthermore, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is undefeated all-time against the Binghamton Devils (10-0-0-0).
Saturday, Oct. 19 - PENGUINS at Bridgeport
The Penguins travel to Webster Bank Arena for the first time this season to take on the Sound Tigers. The two teams split their season series last year with four wins apiece. Ryan Haggerty led all players in the season series with four goals in seven games.
- Saturday night marked the first time in the team's history that Wilkes-Barre/Scranton lost its home opener in overtime.
- Stefan Noesen is the fourth player in Penguins history to score in the team's first three games, joining Daniel Sprong (2017-18), Shane Endicott (2004-05) and TomÃ¡' Surovy (2003-04).
- The Penguins have tallied at least one power-play goal in three straight games.
- Emil Larmi is the first Finnish goaltender to start a game for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Larmi is the first player in Pens history to wear number 60.
TEAM GP W L OTL SOL PTS Pts%
1. Hartford 4 3 0 0 1 7 .875
2. Providence 4 3 1 0 0 6 .750
3. Hershey 4 2 1 1 0 5 .625
4. Charlotte 4 2 2 0 0 4 .500
5. Springfield 5 2 3 0 0 4 .400
6. Lehigh Valley 3 1 1 1 0 3 .500
7. Bridgeport 4 1 2 1 0 3 .375
8. PENGUINS 4 1 2 1 0 3 .375
SKATERS GP G A PTS
Stefan Noesen 4 4 0 4
David Warsofsky 4 1 3 4
Oula Palve 4 0 4 4
Anthony Angello 4 2 0 2
Niclas Almari* 4 1 1 2
GOALIES GP W-L-OT GAA SV% Shutouts
Casey DeSmith 3 1-2-0 4.00 .871 0
Emil Larmi* 1 0-0-1 3.80 .871 0
* = rookie
^ = currently with Pittsburgh
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Wed, Oct. 16 Binghamton Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sat, Oct. 19 Bridgeport Webster Bank Arena 7:00 p.m.
Wed, Oct. 9 (LW) Adam Johnson Recalled by PIT
Fri, Oct. 11 (LW) Andrew Agozzino Reassigned from PIT
Fri, Oct. 11 (C) Joseph Blandisi Recalled by PIT
Sat, Oct. 12 (D) Steven Oleksy Released to PTO
Tue, Oct. 15 (C) Ryan Scarfo Recalled from WHL
DATE LOCATION TIME
Wed, Oct. 16 Pre-game Mohegan Sun Arena 10:00 a.m.
GAME Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Thu, Oct. 17 Practice Toyota SportsPlex 10:00 a.m.
Fri, Oct. 18 Pre-game Toyota SportsPlex 10:00 a.m.
Sat, Oct. 19 Pre-Game Webster Bank Arena 11:15 a.m.
GAME Webster Bank Arena 7:00 p.m.
Sun, Oct. 20 DAY OFF
Mon, Oct. 21 Practice Toyota SportsPlex 10:00 a.m.
Tue, Oct. 22 Practice Toyota SportsPlex 10:00 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lundestrom Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Watch Party this Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Weekly #2: Boyd Leads Charge as Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Announce Player Moves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Detroit Returns Svechnikov to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Launch Fifth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Moose Release Fejes and Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game - Stockton Heat
- Michael McCarron Named Alternate Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Fight Back, But Lose in Shootout to Stars
- Penguins Stalled by Stars, 5-2
- Weekly: Penguins Hit the Road for Six-Game Road Trip
- Emil Larmi Reassigned to Penguins
- Penguins Stun Wolf Pack with 3-0 Shutout Win