Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have loaned defenseman Andy Welinski to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Welinski, 26, signed a one-year contract with the Flyers on July 1, 2019 after spending the previous three seasons in the Anaheim Ducks organization. Welinski played 26 games for Anaheim during the 2018-19 season, notching a goal and three assists. He also played 27 games for the San Diego Gulls of the AHL, posting eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points.
Originally drafted in the third round (#83 overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft by the Anaheim Ducks, Welinski has played 33 career NHL games for the Ducks, and scored a goal and three assists. He played in 146 games for San Diego, totaling 24 goals and 59 assists for 83 points and 59 penalty minutes. He was named to the 2017-18 AHL All-Star game.
A native of Deluth, Minnesota, Welinski played four years of college hockey at University of Minnesota-Duluth from 2012-16. In 154 college games, Welinski put up 77 points (24 goals, 53 assists) and was named to the NCHC Second All-Star team in 2014-15 and 2015-16.
Images from this story
Defenseman Andy Welinski with the Anaheim Ducks
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lundestrom Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Watch Party this Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Weekly #2: Boyd Leads Charge as Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Announce Player Moves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Detroit Returns Svechnikov to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Launch Fifth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Moose Release Fejes and Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game - Stockton Heat
- Michael McCarron Named Alternate Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts