San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gulls announced today that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has launched The Colony, the official fan and booster club of the Gulls. The goal of The Colony is to broaden the hockey club's community outreach and give passionate fans the opportunity to gather in support of the San Diego Gulls.
Members of The Colony serve as ambassadors of the team that also promote and contribute to the hockey club's community and youth hockey efforts. Members will receive a welcome kit and invitations to volunteer opportunities and exclusive San Diego Gulls events for just $35. This season's membership includes a co-branded hat, lapel pin, branded patch, car decal, merchandise and concessions vouchers, a clear tote bag compliant with Pechanga Arena's bag policy and three exclusive events.
"We have the most passionate fan base in the AHL, and The Colony is a platform to recognize our most dedicated fans," said Gulls President of Business Operations Matt Savant. "Our goal is to develop a program that benefits both the fans and the community, while also creating a closer connection between our fans and the organization."
The Colony will support the efforts of the San Diego Gulls Foundation throughout the season through volunteer projects and a variety of initiatives, including food and toy drives, youth hockey initiatives and growing the sport of hockey in San Diego.
The San Diego Gulls Foundation serves as the team's main charitable beneficiary. The mission of the San Diego Gulls Foundation is to facilitate and support programs that produce positive change for children and families throughout San Diego by providing educational opportunities, broadening access to the sport of hockey and addressing the health and wellness needs of our community. Since 2016, the San Diego Gulls Foundation has donated more than $250,000 to the San Diego community.
Visit SanDiegoGulls.com/TheColony to join or stop by Section 10 at Pechanga Arena San Diego to purchase this season's membership for just $35.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lundestrom Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Watch Party this Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Weekly #2: Boyd Leads Charge as Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Announce Player Moves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Detroit Returns Svechnikov to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Launch Fifth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Moose Release Fejes and Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game - Stockton Heat
- Michael McCarron Named Alternate Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- San Diego Gulls to Host Inaugural Season of Giving Events
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jamie Drysdale to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jacob Perreault to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Gulls to Host Halloween Trick Or Treat Drive-Thru at THE RINKS - Poway Ice October 31
- Irvine Ice Foundation Adds San Diego Jr. Gulls and Lady Gulls Hockey Programs