Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have recalled forward Ryan Scarfo from the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Scarfo, 25, is coming off of his rookie season during which he was traded by the Belleville Senators to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Dec. 5, 2018. Scarfo played 25 games with the Penguins, posting a goal and six assists for seven points in that time. In 44 career AHL games, Scarfo has registered 11 points (3G-8A).
The North Chelmsford, Massachusetts native spent four years at Union College prior to turning pro and led the team in goals (20) and points (36) during his senior season with the Dutchmen. His breakout season in his final year of college hockey saw him named to the ECAC's Third All-Star Team in 2018.
Scarfo did not record any points in Wheeling's 2019-20 season opener, a 4-2 loss at Cincinnati.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct. 16, against the Binghamton Devils. Puck drop between the Penguins and Devils is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games are on sale now and can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, Ticketmaster.com, or by contacting the Penguins offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the Penguins' 2019-20 regular season, including Full Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV are available now. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2019-20 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lundestrom Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Watch Party this Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Weekly #2: Boyd Leads Charge as Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Announce Player Moves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Detroit Returns Svechnikov to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Launch Fifth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Moose Release Fejes and Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game - Stockton Heat
- Michael McCarron Named Alternate Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Shane Starrett
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton