Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game
Arena: Stockton Arena | Stockton, California
Date: Tuesday, October 15
Time: 7:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Fans in the Stockton area can also listen to tonight's action on Fox Sports Radio 1280 AM.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsBAK.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Glenn Gawdin with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
The Heat take on Pacific Division foe Bakersfield in the second home game of the season, the first midweek tilt of the 2019-20 campaign for Stockton. The teams split a pair of preseason contests with the Heat prevailing in the latter meeting by a 7-5 final score in the final tune-up before the regular season.
The all-time series is tight between the two teams, Stockton going 19-21-3-1 in the first four years of AHL membership for the California teams. The Heat are 11-9-2-0 at Stockton Arena against the Condors in that span.
With Saturday's win over San Diego, the Heat locked up their best start in the team's brief AHL history at 3-0 on the young season. Stockton had only one 2-0 start prior to this year, coming in 2016-17 en route to the team's only playoff appearance. Stockton is one of only two remaining AHL teams with perfect records on the year, joined by the Toronto Marlies.
FILLING THE NET
Stockton is firing on all cylinders offensively, leading the AHL at 4.67 goals per game. The Heat have gotten contributions from up and down the roster, led by Byron Froese, Brandon Davidson and Glenn Gawdin with four points each. Eleven players have multiple points on the year through three games, 10 finding the back of the net.
Glenn Gawdin had an exceptionally strong game on Saturday against San Diego, recording a goal and two assists en route to Stockton's 5-3 win over the Gulls. The three-point output included a game-tying goal to steal momentum back and tie the game at one in the first period, and he tallied assists on goals from Brandon Davidson and Buddy Robinson.
DAVIDSON HITS HIS STRIDE
Brandon Davidson joined Gawdin in the three-point club on Saturday, moving the veteran blue-liner into a tie for first on the team with four points for the season. Davidson scored his first goal of the campaign in Stockton's home-opening win, a score that put Stockton ahead 3-1.
Eetu Tuulola earned first star of the night honors on Saturday with an assist - his first professional point - and a goal, which proved to be the game-winner. The Finnish forward and 2016 Calgary Flames draft pick recorded 36 points (13g,23a) with HPK in his home country last season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lundestrom Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Watch Party this Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Weekly #2: Boyd Leads Charge as Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Announce Player Moves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Detroit Returns Svechnikov to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Launch Fifth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Moose Release Fejes and Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game - Stockton Heat
- Michael McCarron Named Alternate Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.