Phantoms Power Play
Phantoms In The Community:
The Phantoms players hit the links at Saucon Valley Country Club for the annual Golf Outing to benefit Phantoms Charities. Lehigh Valley corporate partners were joined by Phantoms players and coaches for a fun charity golf tournament and dinner event. Mark Friedman's team ended up taking home the trophy with winning score of -15 in the scramble.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Friday, October 11, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 4, W-B/Scranton Penguins 1
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms picked up their first victory of the season with a big win on Friday night against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Kurtis Gabriel scored the first goal of the season and Joel Farabee scored a highlight reel goal for his first as a pro. Mikhail Vorobyev and Chris Bigras also added goals as Alex Lyon got the win in net.
Saturday, October 12, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 3, Hershey Bears 4 (OT)
Lehigh Valley was able to earn a point on Saturday but eventually fell to Hershey in overtime 4-3. The Phantoms young players shined as Maxim Sushko scored his first pro goal, Isaac Ratcliffe scored his first of the season, and Farabee scored for the second straight game for Lehigh Valley.
Friday, October 18, 2019
vs. Binghamton Devils - PPL Center
The Phantoms will continue their home stand this weekend, taking on the Binghamton Devils Friday night at PPL Center. It marks the first of six meetings against the Devils this season, the Phantoms were in 2-1-1 in the four meetings last year. Friday's game will also mark the return to PPL Center for Binghamton forward, Chris Conner. Conner played four years in Lehigh Valley and is Lehigh Valley's all-time leader in games played and points.
Saturday, October 19, 2019
vs. Springfield Thunderbirds - PPL Center
The Phantoms will conclude their five-game home stand on Saturday against the Springfield Thunderbirds. Lehigh Valley went 4-2 against Springfield last season and will faceoff against them for the first of four meetings during the 2019-20 season. The Philadelphia Eagles cheerleaders will be in attendance on Saturday to meet fans as well.
3 Stars of the Week:
That Kid Bee Good
2018 first round pick Joel Farabee made his professional debut Friday night and scored a jaw-dropping highlight reel goal for his first as a pro. He followed that up with another goal in Saturday's game to make it two goals in his first two games.
King of Lehigh Valley
Alex Lyon played his 114th game as a Phantom on Friday night, making him the all-time leader in games played as a Lehigh Valley goaltender. Lyon now sits atop the record board in games played, wins, saves, and shutouts for Lehigh Valley goalies.
Joining the 700 Club
Defenseman T.J. Brennan reached a big milestone on Friday, playing his 700th professional hockey game. 53 of those games came in the National Hockey League and over 200 were with the Phantoms, the most he has played with any team in his career.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2019-20 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2019-20 season are available online at PhantomsHockey.com, by calling 610-224-GOAL  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms celebrate a goal
Lehigh Valley Phantoms goaltender Alex Lyon vs. the Binghamton Devils
Joel Farabee of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Lehigh Valley Phantoms goaltender Alex Lyon
Lehigh Valley Phantoms defenseman T.J. Brennan
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lundestrom Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Watch Party this Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Weekly #2: Boyd Leads Charge as Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Announce Player Moves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Detroit Returns Svechnikov to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Launch Fifth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Moose Release Fejes and Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game - Stockton Heat
- Michael McCarron Named Alternate Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts