Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have announced details for the 2019-20 Home Opener presented by Upstate University Hospital when the team hosts the Charlotte Checkers on Saturday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m.
The game will be highlighted by an opening ceremony featuring patients and nurses from Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital, which is celebrating its 10th birthday this year. The patients and nurses will accompany the team onto the ice during player introductions.
Following introductions, the Crunch will raise the 2018-19 North Division Champions banner. All fans in attendance will receive North Division Champions mini banners, courtesy of Upstate University Hospital.
A doctor from Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital will drop the ceremonial first puck before the Crunch open at the War Memorial Arena.
Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital opened in 2009, with the mission to provide safe, effective, innovative and family centered care for children in the Central New York region. Today we serve children and families across 17 counties and treat over 100,000 pediatric encounters per year. As the Region's only Level 1 Trauma and Burn center, Upstate offers a complete range of health care services for children from birth to 19 years of age. Our dedicated pediatric providers and staff care for patients in an inpatient setting that consists of General Pediatrics, Pediatric Surgery Unit, Hematology/ Oncology, and the only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in our large referral area and the only dedicated pediatric Emergency Department between Rochester and Vermont.
Ticket packages and single game tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for the 2019-20 Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lundestrom Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Watch Party this Saturday - Ontario Reign
- Weekly #2: Boyd Leads Charge as Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Announce Player Moves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Detroit Returns Svechnikov to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- San Diego Gulls Launch The Colony, the Official Fan and Booster Club of the Team - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Launch Fifth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Moose Release Fejes and Nault - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Heat Host Condors in Anniversary Celebration Game - Stockton Heat
- Michael McCarron Named Alternate Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Teddy Bear Toss 3-Pack on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.