Walk-Off Heroics for Darick Hall
(Allentown, PA) - Darick Hall came through in the clutch on Wednesday evening as he hit a walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the ninth inning against Anthony Banda (0-1) to give the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (74-68) a 4-3 win over the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (78-64).
Hall took a step closer to the single-season home run record for the IronPigs as he blasted a two-run home run against Jhony Brito in the bottom of the first inning. The home run for Hall was his 27th of the season, with the record being 29 home runs for Lehigh Valley.
The RailRiders scored their lone run against Michael Plassmeyer in the top of the fourth inning as Ryan LaMarre hit an RBI single that scored Chris Owings and cut Lehigh Valley's lead to 2-1. Plassmeyer was strong through six innings pitched as he allowed just one run off five hits with five strikeouts.
Griff McGarry retired the side in the top of the seventh inning for Lehigh Valley, striking out two batters. Former RailRider Vinny Nittoli entered the game to pitch in relief in the top of the eighth inning. The RailRiders took a 3-2 lead on back-to-back home runs by Owings and Ben Rortvedt.
Jorge Bonifacio tied the game at 3-3 for Lehigh Valley in the bottom of the eighth inning as he hit an RBI single against Jacob Barnes that scored Dustin Peterson. Michael Kelly (2-2) earned the win for Lehigh Valley as he struck out three batters in one inning of work.
The IronPigs and RailRiders continue their series on Thursday evening at Coca-Cola Park. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2022 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 21, 2022
- Walk-Off Heroics for Darick Hall - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Beat the 'Shrimp 3-2 on Wednesday Night - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders Lose to IronPigs 4-3 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Jacksonville Rally Falls One Run Short - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Tides Top Bulls 13-9, Durham's Division Lead Remains 1.5 Games - Durham Bulls
- Bats Can't Keep up with Nashville, Downed 17-1 on Wednesday Night - Louisville Bats
- Lindblom, Sounds Dominate Louisville - Nashville Sounds
- Home Run Parade Lifts Tides Over Bulls - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Run Rampant Wednesday, Top Buffalo 7-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- José Buttó Tosses Brilliant Start in Syracuse's 5-0 Win at Worcester on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Santos Spins Seven Scoreless, WooSox Fall 5-0 to Syracuse - Worcester Red Sox
- Red Wings' Offense Outlasts Bisons for 7-3 Win on Wednesday - Buffalo Bisons
- Stiever to Begin MLB Rehab Stint Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Iowa Takes Game Two with Comeback Win - Iowa Cubs
- Rain Knocks off Game Two After Storm Chasers Game One Loss - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Mud Hens Reach Franchise-Record 12-Game Winning Streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Abreu and Ridings Added to SWB Roster on MLB Rehab - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Priester Shines in Triple-A Debut, Indians Defeat Saints 7-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Saints Struggles on Road Continue, Fall to Indianapolis 7-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Stripers Lose on Late Wild Pitch in Memphis - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toerner Lifts Memphis in Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Stiever Set to Begin MLB Rehab Assigment Tonight - Charlotte Knights
- Tickets on Sale Thursday for Louisville Live at Slugger Field - Louisville Bats
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - September 21 at Buffalo - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: St. Paul Saints (69-73) vs. Indianapolis Indians (72-70) - Indianapolis Indians
- September 21 Game Notes: Iowa Cubs at Omaha Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Turkey Drive Sponsored by Provident Bank to be Held at Coca-Cola Park
- Lehigh County, Lehigh Valley IronPigs Issue Joint Statement
- IronPigs Announce Game Times for 2023 Season
- IronPigs Finish 2022 Season with a Win
- Perez Grand Slam leads Mets to win over 'Pigs