Home Run Parade Lifts Tides Over Bulls
DURHAM, NC --- The Norfolk Tides (72-71) defeated the Durham Bulls (80-63), 13-9, Wednesday at Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Tides have won 18 of their last 24 games.
The Tides offense bounced back nicely, recording 13 runs on 17 hits. That included five home runs, all coming between the third and sixth innings. Brett Phillips blasted a three-run shot in the third, while Connor Norby and Colton Cowser each homered in the fourth inning. Anthony Bemboom would launch a solo home run in the fifth and Tyler Nevin hit a solo shot in the sixth to give the Tides 12 runs.
Durham managed to score three runs in the third, but couldn't score again until the seventh and eighth innings. They combined for six runs in those innings late in the game, including a four-run inning in the eighth caped by a three-run shot by Vidal Brujan to put the game at 12-9.
The Tides would score one more time from an RBI double by Bemboom in the ninth. Nick Vespi and Cole Uvila didn't allow a run in two innings of relief late in the game to complete the 13-9 victory.
The series is now tied at 1-1, with game three of the series set for tomorrow night with first pitch at 6:35 p.m. The Tides have yet to announce a starter, while Durham will throw RHP Taj Bradley (3-3, 3.94).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 21, 2022
- Walk-Off Heroics for Darick Hall - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Beat the 'Shrimp 3-2 on Wednesday Night - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders Lose to IronPigs 4-3 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Jacksonville Rally Falls One Run Short - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Tides Top Bulls 13-9, Durham's Division Lead Remains 1.5 Games - Durham Bulls
- Bats Can't Keep up with Nashville, Downed 17-1 on Wednesday Night - Louisville Bats
- Lindblom, Sounds Dominate Louisville - Nashville Sounds
- Home Run Parade Lifts Tides Over Bulls - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Run Rampant Wednesday, Top Buffalo 7-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- José Buttó Tosses Brilliant Start in Syracuse's 5-0 Win at Worcester on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Santos Spins Seven Scoreless, WooSox Fall 5-0 to Syracuse - Worcester Red Sox
- Red Wings' Offense Outlasts Bisons for 7-3 Win on Wednesday - Buffalo Bisons
- Stiever to Begin MLB Rehab Stint Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Iowa Takes Game Two with Comeback Win - Iowa Cubs
- Rain Knocks off Game Two After Storm Chasers Game One Loss - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Mud Hens Reach Franchise-Record 12-Game Winning Streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Abreu and Ridings Added to SWB Roster on MLB Rehab - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Priester Shines in Triple-A Debut, Indians Defeat Saints 7-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Saints Struggles on Road Continue, Fall to Indianapolis 7-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Stripers Lose on Late Wild Pitch in Memphis - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toerner Lifts Memphis in Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Stiever Set to Begin MLB Rehab Assigment Tonight - Charlotte Knights
- Tickets on Sale Thursday for Louisville Live at Slugger Field - Louisville Bats
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - September 21 at Buffalo - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: St. Paul Saints (69-73) vs. Indianapolis Indians (72-70) - Indianapolis Indians
- September 21 Game Notes: Iowa Cubs at Omaha Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.