Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (April 15, 2014) - The New York Islanders announced today that forwards Joey Diamond and Matt Mangene have been reassigned from the Stockton Thunder (ECHL) to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL). Additionally, the Islanders have reassigned forward Alan Quine and defenseman Andrey Pedan to the Thunder while the Sound Tigers have loaned forward Mathieu Gagnon to the Thunder, as well.
Diamond, 24, was reassigned to the Thunder on March 17 and has played 11 ECHL games. He picked up nine points (one goal, eight assists) in his ECHL stint. In 36 games with the Sound Tigers this season, Diamond has 12 points (seven goals, five assists) and 71 penalty minutes. Diamond made his professional debut last season with the Sound Tigers after a four-year career at the University of Maine.
Mangene, 25, was reassigned to the Thunder on March 31 after playing nine games with the Sound Tigers. Mangene was acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers in a trade for defenseman Andrew MacDonald. He had six points (three goals, three assists) for the Adirondack Phantoms in 2013-14. Mangene also had five points (one goal, four assists) in six games with the Thunder. Mangene is also a University of Maine product and played with the Black Bears for three seasons.
Quine, 21, returned to the Sound Tigers on March 31 after he played seven games for Stockton. The rookie had eight points (two goals, six assists) in his time with the Thunder. Quine has seen action for the Sound Tigers in 61 games in 2013-14 and has 27 points (eight goals, 19 assists).
Pedan, 20, has also made multiple trips between the Thunder and Sound Tigers this season. Though he was out with an upper-body injury for nearly three months this season, Pedan scored 10 points (five goals, five assists) in 28 games with the Sound Tigers this season. He also appeared in five games for the Thunder this season.
Gagnon, 21, was recalled by the Sound Tigers on March 31 and played the first seven games of his AHL career. He also skated in 43 games for the Thunder, where he had three points (one goal, two assists) and 136 penalty minutes this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 10
- Schilkey scores in third straight game, but Bridgeport gives up four-goal third period
- Sound Tigers Host Comets Tonight
- Lorito extends point streak to four games; Schilkey scores for second straight game in setback
- Lorito, Jobst and Aho all record multiple points in a wild win on Friday