Tues., Apr. 8
STJ 3 vs HAM 1
John Albert scored the game-winner and Tyler Beskorowany stopped 35-of-36 shots, as the IceCaps clinched a playoff berth by beating the Bulldogs at Mile One Centre. Patrice Cormier and Will O'Neill also scored for St. John's, while Andrew Gordon added two assists for the home side.
Wed., Apr. 9
HAM 4 vs STJ 3 (SO)
Led by a three-point night from Gabriel Dumont and Sven Andrighetto's shootout winner, the Hamilton Bulldogs came from behind to edge the IceCaps 4-3 at Mile One Centre. John Albert, Kyle MacKinnon, and Adam Lowry notched goals for the IceCaps.
Sat., Apr. 12
HFD 7 vs STJ 2
J.T. Miller scored two goals and David LeNeveu stopped 31-of-33, as the Hartford Wolf Pack downed the IceCaps at Mile One Centre.
Austen Brassard and Jerome Samson scored for St. John's.
Sat., Apr. 12
STJ 6 vs HFD 2
John Albert scored twice, Carl Klingberg scored and added two assists, and Tyler Beskorowany made 28 saves, as the IceCaps defeated the Hartford Wolf Pack at Mile One Centre.
MOLSON CUP THREE STARS
IceCaps Awards: The St. John's IceCaps announced their 2013- 14 end-of-season awards prior to Sunday's home finale against the Hartford Wolf Pack. Taking home the Most Valuable Player award was centre Andrew Gordon; Top Defenceman honours went to Ben Chiarot; Top Rookie was presented to defenceman Brenden Kichton; The IceCaps' Statoil Community Man of the Year was once again awarded to team captain Jason Jaffray; and finally, the Fans Choice Award went to John Albert, who collected the most votes in a contest held on the IceCaps' Facebook page. The Mary Brown's Hardest Working Player Award and the Molson Cup Three Stars Award will be determined after the regular season concludes this weekend.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.