Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have assigned defensemen Connor Murphy and Brandon Gormley, goaltender Mark Visentin and forward Tyler Gaudet to the Portland Pirates, the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Murphy posted 1-7-8 and a plus-five rating in 30 games with the Coyotes this season. The 21-year-old native of Dublin, Ohio also tallied 0-11-11 and 46 penalty minutes (PIM) in 34 games with the Pirates. Murphy was originally drafted by the Coyotes in the first round (20th overall) in the 2011 Entry Draft.
The 6-foot-2, 196-pound Gormley registered a plus-four rating in five games with the Coyotes. He has also collected 6-28-34 and 32 PIM in 52 games with Portland this season. The 22-year-old native of Murray River, PEI was originally drafted by the Coyotes in the first round (13th overall) in the 2010 Entry Draft.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Visentin recorded 29 saves on 32 shots faced in his NHL debut on Apr. 12 vs. San Jose. The 21-year-old native of Hamilton, Ont. has registered a 14-19-5 record with a 3.30 goals against average (GAA) and a .901 save percentage (SV%) in 44 games with the Pirates this season. Visentin was originally drafted by the Coyotes in the first round (27th overall) in the 2010 Entry Draft.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Gaudet registered 26-35-61 and a plus-25 rating in 65 games with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL) this season. He finished third on the team in scoring and goals. The Hamilton, Ont. native has totaled 29-40-69 in 99 career games with Sault. Ste. Marie.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.