B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs
BINGHAMTON, NY -The Binghamton Senators announced today they have signed forward Vincent Dunn and goaltender Chris Driedger to amateur tryouts.
Dunn, 18, joins Binghamton following the end of his third season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. During this past season playing for his hometown, the Gatineau Olympiques, the 5-11, 188 pound forward totaled 31 goals and 51 points over 50 games played while adding 156 penalty minutes. In nine playoff games this season, Dunn notched nine points (3 goals, 6 assists) along with 26 penalty minutes.
Prior to joining Gatineau, Dunn, who was Ottawa's fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft, spent two seasons with Val d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL where he totaled 65 points (30 goals, 35 assists) in 109 games played. Dunn will wear number 25 with Binghamton.
Driedger, 19, comes to Binghamton following a four-year junior career in the Western Hockey League. In 50 regular season games with the Calgary Hitmen, the 6-3, 200 pound netminder compiled a record of 28-14-7 with a 2.64 goals-against average and a 0.918 save percentage. Driedger, who was selected as Ottawa's first third-round draft choice during the 2012 draft, went 94-46-15 in 170 regular season WHL contests over his four seasons.
Following Calgary being eliminated from the WHL playoffs on March 29, Driedger signed an amateur tryout with Binghamton's East Coast Hockey League affiliate the Elmira Jackals. In four games with Elmira this year, Driedger went 1-2-0 with a 3.92 goals-against average and a 0.893 save percentage. Driedger will wear number 31 with Binghamton.
Binghamton ends the regular season with three straight home games. First the B-Sens welcome Toronto on Wednesday before rounding the year against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Norfolk on Friday and Saturday. All three games will begin at 7:05p.m. with tickets available by calling the Binghamton Senators Executive Office at (607) 722-7367 or stopping in between 9:00a.m. and 5:30p.m. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.