Fri., Apr. 11- Penguins 3 at SYRACUSE 2
In his first start in more than 10 months, Tomas Vokoun stopped 23-of-25 shots through overtime and was perfect over four rounds of the shootout to help W-B/Scranton to a 3-2 win over Syracuse. Chuck Kobasew notched his second two-goal game of the season for the Penguins
Sat., Apr. 12 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Binghamton 1
Scott Harrington's tally at 8:14 of the third was the game- winner as the Penguins edged the Senators, 2-1. Each team only managed 16 shots in the contest. Carter Rowney scored a shorthanded goal at 19:14 of the second to tie the game.
Sun., Apr. 13 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Toronto 3
In W-B/Scranton's home finale, Toronto scored three goals in the final 12 minutes of regulation to rally for 3-2 victory.
Adam Payerl's power play marker in the first and Tom Kostopoulos's tally in the second helped the Penguins build a 2-0 lead. Jerry D'Amigo netted the deciding goal for the Marlies with 26.6 seconds left in regulation.
The Week Ahead
Fri., Apr. 18 - Penguins at BINGHAMTON
The Senators (42-24-2-5) are currently in fifth in the Eastern Conference, one point behind the Penguins with a game in hand. Binghamton is 3-0-0-0 on home ice this season against W-B/Scranton.
Sat., Apr. 19 - Penguins at UTICA
Utica (33-31-5-4) in currently in the 11th spot in the Western Conference, four points out of the final playoff berth. The Comets is 2-0-0-1 in the season series versus the Penguins. Utica also plays Rochester and Toronto this week.
- With his two-goal performance on Friday, Chuck Kobasew has scored in eight of his 11 appearances for W-B/Scranton, including a pair of multi-goal games.
- Peter Mannino made 15-of-16 saves in the Penguins' win over Binghamton. It was his 13th straight start allowing two goals or less. He has gone 10-2-1 over that span with just 12 goals allowed and two sets of back-to-back shutouts.
- W-B/Scranton's 10 shorthanded goals scored on home ice are the most in the AHL this season. The team also ranks second overall with 13 shorthanded goals.
- The Penguins lead the league defensively with 2.41 goals allowed per contest.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Shane Starrett
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton