Fri., Apr. 11- Penguins 3 at SYRACUSE 2
In his first start in more than 10 months, Tomas Vokoun stopped 23-of-25 shots through overtime and was perfect over four rounds of the shootout to help W-B/Scranton to a 3-2 win over Syracuse. Chuck Kobasew notched his second two-goal game of the season for the Penguins
Sat., Apr. 12 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Binghamton 1
Scott Harrington's tally at 8:14 of the third was the game- winner as the Penguins edged the Senators, 2-1. Each team only managed 16 shots in the contest. Carter Rowney scored a shorthanded goal at 19:14 of the second to tie the game.
Sun., Apr. 13 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Toronto 3
In W-B/Scranton's home finale, Toronto scored three goals in the final 12 minutes of regulation to rally for 3-2 victory.
Adam Payerl's power play marker in the first and Tom Kostopoulos's tally in the second helped the Penguins build a 2-0 lead. Jerry D'Amigo netted the deciding goal for the Marlies with 26.6 seconds left in regulation.
The Week Ahead
Fri., Apr. 18 - Penguins at BINGHAMTON
The Senators (42-24-2-5) are currently in fifth in the Eastern Conference, one point behind the Penguins with a game in hand. Binghamton is 3-0-0-0 on home ice this season against W-B/Scranton.
Sat., Apr. 19 - Penguins at UTICA
Utica (33-31-5-4) in currently in the 11th spot in the Western Conference, four points out of the final playoff berth. The Comets is 2-0-0-1 in the season series versus the Penguins. Utica also plays Rochester and Toronto this week.
- With his two-goal performance on Friday, Chuck Kobasew has scored in eight of his 11 appearances for W-B/Scranton, including a pair of multi-goal games.
- Peter Mannino made 15-of-16 saves in the Penguins' win over Binghamton. It was his 13th straight start allowing two goals or less. He has gone 10-2-1 over that span with just 12 goals allowed and two sets of back-to-back shutouts.
- W-B/Scranton's 10 shorthanded goals scored on home ice are the most in the AHL this season. The team also ranks second overall with 13 shorthanded goals.
- The Penguins lead the league defensively with 2.41 goals allowed per contest.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.