San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Thursday, April 17 vs Abbotsford Heat AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
The Rampage play their final two games of the season against the Ab- botsford Heat. The teams last met on January 11th with Abbotsford taking a 3-2 win in overtime. San Antonio is 1-3-1-1 against the Heat this sea- son. The Silver and Black have not lost to Abbotsford in regulation at home this season.
Friday, April 18 vs Abbotsford Heat AT&T Center, 7:30 p.m.
Friday will be Fan Appreciation Night at the AT&T Center as the Ram- page play their final game of the season. Bobby Butler leads San Antonio with four goals and an assist in six games against the Heat this season. Colby Robak has a goal and four assists and Vincent Trocheck has con- tributed two goals and two assists in the season series.
FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT
Friday, April 18 vs Abbotsford Heat
The San Antonio Rampage will salute the best fans in the AHL during the team's Fan Appreciation Night presented by South Texas Sinus Institute on Friday, April 18, the final game of the 2013-14 season. The first 2,500 fans through the doors will receive a 2013- 14 trading card strip featuring Bobby Butler, Vincent Trocheck, Quinton Howden, Colby Robak and captain Greg Rallo. The Rampage's black game jerseys will be autographed and auctioned off on the concourse during the game. The winners of the 2013-14 Ram- page Fan Choice Awards will be revealed throughout the game, including the fans' pick for Rookie of the Year, Game of the Year, MVP and more.
WEEK IN REVIEW: The Rampage took one win in three games against the Texas Stars last week. San Antonio was shut out for the first time since December 20 as the Stars rolled to a 5-0 win. On Saturday night, Garrett Wilson scored two goals, tallying his 100th professional point, but San Antonio allowed five first-period goals, ultimately falling 8-4. The Silver and Black beat the Stars in the final game of the season series, topping the league's best team 1-0 in their 12th shootout victory of the season. Scott Clemmensen made 40 saves in his first shutout of the season, and Bobby Butler and Logan Shaw each scored in the skills competition.
WELCOME BACK TO SAN ANTONIO: Vincent Trocheck, Quinton Howden, Drew Shore and Colby Robak were all reassigned to San Antonio and will finish out the season with the Rampage.
SLED HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: The San Antonio Rampage Sled Hockey Team captured its first national championship at the 2014 Sled Hockey National Tourna- ment, beating the St. Louis Blues Sled Team 3-1 in the title game on Sunday. Josh Sweeney finished with a tournament-high 13 points, including a hat trick in the team's 3-0 win over the Buffalo Sabres in the semifinals. He also assisted on all three goals in the championship, each of which were scored by Rico Roman. Luke McDermott's seven as- sists led all skaters in the tournament. There will be an on-ice ceremony to recognize the team as well as the three Paralympic gold medalists during Thursday's game.
ICE CHIPS: Garrett Wilson - Rampage Winger
Wilson registered his 100th professional point with two goals in the Ram- page's 8-4 loss to the Texas Stars on Saturday night. It was also the sec- ond two-goal game and seventh multi-point game of the season for Wilson, who is in his third season with the Rampage. A fourth-round draft pick (107th overall) of the Florida Panthers in 2009, Wilson began his pro career with the Cincinnati Cyclones. He has 14 goals and 16 assists in 69 games with the Silver and Black this season and made his NHL debut in a 3-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on March 18.
The Florida Panthers wrapped up the 2013-14 campaign with a 3-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday. In addition to Alex Petrovic and Dylan Olsen, who spent time with the Rampage this season but are still on the Panthers roster, 11 players currently on the Rampage roster saw time with Florida this season. Trocheck finished with five goals and three assists in 20 games, Shore tallied five goals and two assists in 24 games and Howden added four goals and two assists in 16 games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.