Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy
The Chicago Wolves announced Tuesday that they have signed forward ZACH POCHIRO to a Professional Tryout Contract (PTO) and released center CHRISTOPHER CAISSY from his Amateur Tryout Contract (ATO).
The 20-year-old POCHIRO was selected in the fourth round in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft by the St. Louis Blues. He ranked for Prince George (WHL) during the 2013-14 season with 27 goals, 39 assists and 66 points in 63 games while leading the Cougars with 123 penalty minutes. At the conclusion of Prince George's season, the St. Louis, Mo., native joined Kalamazoo (ECHL) and contributed two assists in nine games with the Wings.
CAISSY appeared in one game with the Wolves after signing on April 2. The 20-year-old joined Chicago after posting 16 goals and 27 assists in 53 regular-season games with Moncton (QMJHL).
The Wolves travel to Iowa at 7 p.m. Wednesday and Rockford for an Illinois Lottery Cup game at 7 p.m. Friday before returning to Allstate Arena for their regular-season finale at 7 p.m. Saturday versus Milwaukee. For special deals on tickets to this Amtrak Rivalry game or the Calder Cup playoff tickets, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit ChicagoWolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2014
- Monsters Fall to Hamilton 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Shayne Gostisbehere Signs ATO with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Win NHL Draft Lottery - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Recall Vey - Manchester Monarchs
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes, Drew Shore & Vincent Trocheck to Represent USA at 2014 World Champions - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Branden Troock to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admiral Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Reassign Josh McFadden to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Athanasiou, Backman and Janmark to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Friday Is Fan Appreciation Night - Utica Comets
- Flames Discontinue AHL Operations in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals to Hold Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Weekly (Week 29) - Texas Takes Five-Of-Six Points to Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Job Fair and Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader Highlight Fan Appreciation Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Lake Erie Monsters on SportsTime Ohio this Saturday, April 19th - Cleveland Monsters
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Sign Two to ATOs - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Sign Zach Pochiro; Release Caissy - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Grand Rapids' Jeff Blashill Voted AHL's Outstanding Coach for 2013-14 - AHL
- Blashill Named AHL Coach of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils to Recognize Union College Men's Hockey Team Saturday - Albany Devils
- Over $20,000 In Prizes To Be Given Away On Bulldogs' Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Green Acres Elementary School Winning with Wellness/Get Moving Manchester Champion - Manchester Monarchs
- Jarnkrok Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - St. John's IceCaps
- April 19th Pirates Game vs. St. John's Moved to Saco - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Assign Four Players to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jeremy Smith Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Playoff Tickets Go on Sale April 16th - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Two Players Rejoin Sound Tigers, Three Head to Stockton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Seven Players Reassigned to Amerks from Sabres - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Three to ATOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.