Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC
Toronto FC announced today that the club has acquired forward Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC and conditional allocation money. In exchange, Toronto has traded forward Jordan Hamilton along with an international roster spot for the remainder of the 2019 season, $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and the right of first refusal (ROFR) for an undisclosed player.
"On behalf of Toronto FC, we thank Jordan for everything he has meant to the club. Having come up through our academy, Jordan has been with our club for many years, which made this decision that much more difficult. Ultimately, we believe this decision is best for both Jordan and Toronto FC. We wish Jordan the very best," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. "We are excited to welcome Patrick to the organization. He is a player that is competitive and has proven the ability to score goals in MLS. He holds the ball well with his back to the goal and he has the ability to combine with central and wide midfielders."
Mullins, 27, joins Toronto FC after spending the past year with Columbus. Mullins is currently in his sixth season in Major League Soccer after being drafted by the New England Revolution 11th overall in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. In six seasons, Mullins has made a combined 122 appearances for four different clubs -- the Revolution, New York City FC, D.C. United and Columbus -- scoring 24 goals with 10 assists in MLS league play and MLS Cup Playoffs.
Hamilton was in his sixth season with TFC after signing with the first team on January 9, 2014. During his time with Toronto FC, Hamilton made 66 appearances with 15 goals and four assists in all competitions. Hamilton was part of Toronto FC's 2017 Treble winning side.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC has acquired forward Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC and conditional allocation money. In exchange, Toronto has traded forward Jordan Hamilton along with an international roster spot for the remainder of the 2019 season, $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and the right of first refusal (ROFR) for an undisclosed player.
Weight: 175 lbs
Birthdate: February 5, 1992 (Age - 27)
Birth Place: New Orleans, Louisiana
Last Club: Columbus Crew SC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.