Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that the club has acquired forward Jordan Hamilton, an international roster spot for the 2019 MLS season, $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and the Right of First Refusal for an unnamed player in exchange for forward Patrick Mullins. Hamilton, 23, is a six-year MLS veteran who has won an MLS Cup (2017), a Supporters' Shield (2017) and three Canadian Championships (2016, 2017, 2018). At the international level, he has earned two caps with the Canada National Team.
In all, Hamilton made a total of 53 MLS regular-season appearances (28 starts) while registering 11 goals and three assists for Toronto FC. Additionally, Hamilton has also made four appearances (one start) in the Concacaf Champions League, scoring one goal.
"We're excited to welcome Jordan to Columbus Crew SC," said Crew SC President and General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. "In Jordan we have a young forward who has not only won trophies at the club level, but who also has experience competing at the international level with Canada and will provide depth in our attack. At the same time, we would like to thank Patrick for his contributions to the Club and to the Columbus community during his time with us. We thought this trade gave us a good chance to improve our roster while also presenting a good opportunity for Patrick. We wish him all the best in the next chapter of his career."
Hamilton joined the Toronto FC First Team from the Toronto FC Academy ahead of the 2014 MLS season. In 2016, Hamilton made 14 regular-season appearances (11 starts), scoring three goals and providing one assist, while also helping Toronto FC win the Canadian Championship, Canada's domestic cup. The following year, the forward made eight appearances in regular-season action, tallying two strikes and one assist en route to helping Toronto FC win a domestic treble including MLS Cup 2017, the Supporters' Shield and the Canadian Championship. Last season, Hamilton made 14 regular-season appearances (10 starts), scoring two goals and notching one assist, while also helping Toronto win the Canadian Championship for the third consecutive time. In 2019, the forward has made 14 regular-season appearances (seven starts) and scored an MLS career-high four goals.
At the international level, Hamilton has earned two caps with the Canada National Team. The forward made his debut for Canada on October 14, 2014, coming in as a substitute in a friendly against Colombia. Hamilton also represented Canada at the Under-20 and U-17 levels, including competing in the
2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.
Up next for the Crew is a road contest against Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium on Saturday, July 13 [7:30 p.m. ET / FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) / 97.1 The Fan & 971TheFan.com (English); ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish)].
TRANSACTION: Crew SC acquired forward Jordan Hamilton, an international roster spot for the 2019 MLS season, $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and the Right of First Refusal for an unnamed player in exchange for forward Patrick Mullins, announced on July 11, 2019
Name: Jordan Hamilton
Born: March 17, 1996 in Scarborough, Ontario
Hometown: Scarborough, Ontario
Acquired: Acquired by Crew SC via trade with Toronto FC on July 11, 2019
Previous Experience: Toronto FC (2014-2019)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Captain Jonathan Mensah to Multi-Year Contract Extension
- "Together We Rise": Columbus Crew SC Tickets for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Now on Sale
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Fan Contest to Design New Commemorative Patch for Nordecke Season Ticket Members at New Crew Stadium