LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park
LOS ANGELES - As part of the LA Galaxy's continued commitment to improve fan experience at Dignity Health Sports Park, the club announced today plans to create a safe-standing supporters' section in the stadium's North end ahead of the 2020 MLS Season. The new renovations will provide safe-standing for Angel City Brigade and Galaxians and are part of a multi-year plan to improve Dignity Health Sports Park, which includes the installation of additional bars on the North concourse and additional premium seating areas in the coming years.
For those interested in learning how to be a part of the new safe standing section, click here. Fans who sign up for 2020 memberships in the new supporters' section will receive an exclusive commemorative scarf.
"We believe Dignity Health Sports Park is one of the finest soccer-specific stadiums in the United States, and investing in our supporters and their resources is paramount," said LA Galaxy President Chris Klein. "Creating a safe-standing section in our stadium will have a tremendous effect on our players on the field and will continue to give us a home field advantage when playing in front of our supporters. Our supporters are the lifeblood of this club and we are excited to provide them with the necessary seating to support the LA Galaxy."
As part of the renovations, safe-standing seats will be installed at Dignity Health Sports Park's North End, currently sections 120-123. The area will allow LA Galaxy supporters' groups Angel City Brigade, Galaxians and others to occupy the space. Additionally, Dignity Health Sports Park will install additional bars on the north concourse. The LA Galaxy recently added dedicated supporters' tailgate areas just outside the North end of Dignity Health Sports Park.
"Safe standing is something that Angel City Brigade has wanted at the stadium for more than 10 years," said Antonio Magaña, Vice President, Angel City Brigade. "After many conversations with the LA Galaxy over the years, safe-standing is finally here. We welcome all of you who support the LA Galaxy to stand with us starting this season. No need to wait until 2020. We look forward to working with the Galaxians and others to elevate the stadium atmosphere and participate in game-day festivities."
The renovations come after multi-million dollar investments to various aspects of Dignity Health Sports Park within the last year, including brand-new sound speaker systems, LA Galaxy HQ and the creation of Legends Plaza. For details on all the renovations implemented, click here.
"We have invested in numerous upgrades at Dignity Health Sports Park in recent years and we are excited to continue that by creating safe-standing sections for our most dedicated supporters," said Katie Pandolfo, General Manager of Dignity Health Sports Park. "Our fan experience is incredibly important and this will impact our environment for any event here, but especially for LA Galaxy home matches."
Additionally, the LA Galaxy and AEG have invested over $35M to improving Dignity Health Sports Park since 2014, including installing the largest videoboard of any soccer-specific stadium in Major League Soccer, installing a new 20x52 LED videoboard, state-of-the-art LED ribbon boards and upgrading suites throughout the stadium. Additionally, club seats in sections 110-112 were upgraded, and tip-up seats were added to the upper sideline sections of the stadium.
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Membership deposits for the 2020 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/deposits to place their 2020 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Membership deposit for $50 per seat. In addition to visiting www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/deposits, fans can place their 2020 Season Ticket Membership deposit at the Dignity Health Sports Park by visiting Galaxy HQ at any LA Galaxy home game. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to place Season Ticket Membership deposits.
Images from this story
Rendering of Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon
- LA Galaxy Agree to Mutually Part Ways with Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- LA Galaxy to Face Inter Miami CF in South Florida on Saturday, March 14, 2020
- LA Galaxy Acquire General Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville Soccer Club
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Called up to International Duty