Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers will hit the road to conduct community events and a youth soccer clinic in Hood River, Ore., as part of their eighth-annual Rose City Road Trip presented by Providence Health & Services.
On July 23, a group of Timbers players and club mascot Timber Joey will begin the day with a hospital visit from 9:30-10:45 a.m. (Pacific), spending time getting to know patients at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Following the hospital visit, the players and Timber Joey will continue with a trip to an event at Raices Cooperative Farm from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Pacific), before concluding the Rose City Road Trip with a free youth soccer clinic at Westside Elementary School later in the afternoon.
While visiting the Raices Cooperative Farm - a part of The Next Door where they promote health, leadership, community building and economic well-being - the Timbers will join forces with Providence Health & Services on a private community initiative from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Pacific). The Timbers will help enhance the farm by painting a mural on one of the garden sheds, assembling planting tables and lending a hand with general gardening tasks.
"Providence is all about promoting a healthy lifestyle and the partnership with the Portland Timbers allows us help keep kids active with the free soccer clinic," says Jeanie Vieira, Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital's chief executive. "The community project with The Next Door shines a light on nutrition and the importance of fruit and vegetables. We are grateful to the Timbers for including us in another 'Rose City Road Trip' and look forward to a fun day."
Closing out the eighth-annual Rose City Road Trip, the Timbers will host a youth soccer clinic led by the Timbers youth development staff for children ages 5-13. Set to run from 2-3 p.m. (Pacific) at Westside Elementary School (3685 Belmont Dr., Hood River, OR, 97031), the clinic will feature a training session and an autograph and Q&A session.
The clinic is free and open to the public, and participants must pre-register online at https://www.timbers.com/rosecityroadtrip.
This year's event marks the eighth consecutive year the Timbers have organized the Rose City Road Trip, previously visiting Klamath Falls, Salem, Eugene/Springfield, Bend, Hood River, Astoria, Medford, Newberg, Pendleton, Coos Bay, The Dalles, Corvallis, Seaside, Warrenton and Vancouver, Wash.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team
- Timbers Fall to FC Dallas in First Round of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs on Penalty Kicks
- Timbers Play Host to FC Dallas in Round One Audi MLS Cup Playoff Match at Providence Park
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Chara Named to 2020 MLS Best XI Presented by the Home Depot
- Topgolf Live Stadium Tour Comes to Providence Park in Fall of 2021