MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today announced it will host the Portland Timbers at Allianz Field in the Semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. The game will take place on Wednesday, August 7 at 7:00 p.m. CT and will be streamed on ESPN+.
A hat trick from Angelo Rodriguez, plus goals from Darwin Quintero, Jan Gregus and Miguel Ibarra propelled the Loons to a dominant 6-1 win over New Mexico United after the Loons conceded a goal in the first five minutes on Wednesday, July 10. The win secured a spot for MNUFC in the Semifinals, the furthest any soccer club in Minnesota has advanced in this tournament.
The 2019 U.S. Open Cup is the 106th edition of the tournament, the longest ongoing soccer competition in the country, and features 84 teams from all levels of the U.S. Soccer pyramid from amateur sides up to MLS.
An exclusive presale for season ticket members begins on Friday, July 12 at 10:00 a.m. and goes until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 14. To kick off the presale, season ticket members will have special access to a flash sale with up to 25% off select locations at Allianz Field from the start of the presale until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12.
Members of The Preserve will also receive a presale opportunity beginning Monday, July 15 before tickets go on-sale for the general public at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 18. More information at mnufc.com. To get access to presales for this game, join The Preserve - the official Allianz Field waiting list - or sign up for our newsletter. For more information, visit mnufc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Re-Signs MLS Legend Osvaldo Alonso to New Contract
- Minnesota United Announces Preseason Schedule
- MNUFC Signs Patrick Weah as Homegrown Player
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Called to U23 USMNT Training Camp
- Minnesota United Opens 2021 Preseason