LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy will honor U.S. Women's National Team forward Alex Morgan during the club's match this Friday, July 12 at Dignity Health Sports Park (8 p.m. PT; UniMas), after Morgan and the USWNT returned this week from winning the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup on Sunday in France. Fans can purchase tickets to the match at www.lagalaxy.com/tickets.
Morgan, who will be honored at halftime of Friday's contest, was instrumental in the USWNT's victorious World Cup campaign, earning Silver Boot honors after notching six goals and tallying three assists in 490 during the tournament. Their 2-0 victory over the Netherlands in the championship game made the USA only the second nation to successfully defend a World Cup crown.
Last night, Morgan was honored at the ESPYs in Los Angeles as she collected honors as the Best Female Athlete and the USWNT was named Best Team.
The 2019 USWNT Victory Tour, presented by Allstate, kicks off on Saturday, Aug. 3 when the USA hosts the Republic of Ireland at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. It will be the USA's first game on home soil after winning the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup in France. The match will be broadcast on ESPN2 and the ESPN App starting at 7 p.m. PT.
The LA Galaxy (11-7-1, 34 points) are 31-23-15 all-time against the San Jose Earthquakes. Friday's contest will mark the second and final meeting between the two sides this season.
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Membership deposits for the 2020 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/deposits to place their 2020 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Membership deposit for $50 per seat. In addition to visiting www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/deposits, fans can place their 2020 Season Ticket Membership deposit at the Dignity Health Sports Park by visiting Galaxy HQ at any LA Galaxy home game. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to place Season Ticket Membership deposits.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy President Chris Klein and Dignity Health Sports Park General Manager Katie Pandolfo on Fans Being Allowed at Outdoor Sporting Events Starting April 1
- LA Galaxy Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule and Roster
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Derrick Williams
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo and Goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp Roster
- LA Galaxy to Begin Preseason at Dignity Health Sports Park on Monday, March 1