LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) was eliminated from the Quarterfinals of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup after the Club fell 1-0 against the Portland Timbers on Wednesday night at Banc of California Stadium.
In the third meeting between of the year between the two sides, both teams threatened throughout the contest, but a late goal by forward Jeremy Ebobisse in the 84th minute was the difference as the Black & Gold were defeated at home for the first time in 2019.
LAFC returns to MLS action this Friday, July 12 on the road against the Houston Dynamo. The match is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. PT at BBVA Stadium and will be broadcast on UniMás, ESPN 710 AM, KFWB 980 AM.
Last week, the Black & Gold became the quickest team to reach 100 points in the post-shootout era and remain in first place in the Supporters' Shield standings with a 13-2-4 record (43 points).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan
- LAFC Acquires U.S. International Forward Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake
- Bob Bradley to Receive Walt Chyzowych Fund's Lifetime Achievement Award
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final
- LAFC Faces Tigres UANL Tomorrow in SCCL Finals