Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo have signed defender JosÃ© Bizama on a full transfer from Huachipato FC in the Chilean Primera DivisiÃ³n using Targeted Allocation Money, the club announced today. The transfer will be finalized pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P-1 Visa.
Bizama has played in more than 100 first-division games since making his professional debut in 2015, all with Huachipato. The versatile defender, who has the ability to play multiple positions along the back line, has seen action in 93 league matches with 88 starts and has scored five goals. He also represented Huachipato in the Copa Chile on 21 occasions, starting 15 and scoring twice, and has made two starts in the Copa Sudamericana.
"We are pleased to announce the addition of JosÃ© Bizama to the Houston Dynamo. He joins our club in the prime of his career and is eager to contribute to the success of our team," said Dynamo Senior Vice President and General Manager Matt Jordan. "With his quality as a player, strong mentality and ability to play a variety of positions, he will strengthen our already talented group of defenders as we enter the second half of our season."
The 25-year-old has earned three caps with the Chilean National Team over the last 14 months. He made his debut for the two-time Copa AmÃ©rica champions on May 31, 2018 in a friendly against Romania. Bizama also saw action in a 1-0 win over Serbia on June 4, 2018 and in a 2-2 draw with Poland on June 8, 2018.
"Jose is a player that brings international experience with the Chilean National Team and is a good, versatile player that can play as a right back, central back and defensive midfielder," said Dynamo Head Coach Wilmer Cabrera. "He will bring a lot of good qualities to the team and provide possibilities to play in different positions. He just turned 25, so we also looked at that as we think and plan for the future of the Houston Dynamo."
With the addition of Bizama, the Dynamo now have 28 players on the active roster. The Chilean will be the eighth Dynamo player to occupy an international roster spot, joining FW Alberth Elis, DF Manor Figueroa, DF Alejandro Fuenmayor, FW Mauro Manotas, FW Ronaldo PeÃ±a, DF AljaÃ…Â¾ "Kiki" Struna and MF MatÃƒ-as Vera.
PLAYER PROFILE - JOSE BIZAMA
JosÃ© Carlos Bizama Venegas
DATE OF BIRTH:
June 25, 1994 (25 years old)
TRANSACTION: The Houston Dynamo sign DF Jose Bizama from Huachipato FC in the Chilean Primera DivisiÃ³n using Targeted Allocation Money, pending receipt of his ITC and P-1 Visa.
â€¢ Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Houston Dynamo FC Held to 2-2 Draw against Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo FC to Host Unified Team Signing Day on Thursday, June 24 at BBVA Stadium
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Host Portland Timbers for Midweek Clash
- Parker signs contract extension through the 2024 season
- Houston Dynamo Football Club Announces New Ownership