Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC encourages fans to come cheer on the home team this Sunday, as the Rave Green host Atlanta United in a nationally-televised contest on ESPN this Sunday, July 14 (12:55 p.m. PT / ESPN, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM). Prior to kickoff, Mariners legend Edgar Martinez will lead the crowd in Scarves Up. Martinez is being inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame on July 21 following an 18-year career in the Major Leagues, all spent in Seattle.
Edgar Martinez spent 18 seasons with the Seattle Mariners and is being inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame on July 21 (Seattle Mariners).
Throughout Sunday's matchday, the club is celebrating the work of its charitable arm, RAVE Foundation, with various elements supporting its mission to build small fields for free play and invest in programs that use soccer as a vehicle to inspire youth and strengthen communities.
As fans enter the stadium, volunteers from Delta Air Lines - the official airline of Sounders FC and presenting sponsor of RAVE's ONE Ball program - will offer fans the chance to take part in the GET A BALL, GIVE A BALL campaign. With a donation of $20 via cash or credit card, fans receive a special Sounders FC soccer ball for themselves while also providing a ball that will be donated to a child in need. Donations are also accepted by texting RAVE to 52182.
This year, RAVE is constructing two new mini pitches to serve the SeaTac and White Center communities. At halftime, a group of children from SeaTac will join in an on-field celebration of their new mini pitch, hosted by Sounders FC alumus Roger Levesque, who will present each child with a new soccer ball of their own. They will also be joined by Delta Air Lines, who provided funds to make the SeaTac mini pitch possible. The White Center mini pitch is made possible by King County Parks Youth and Amateur Sports Grant Program.
With the addition of two mini pitches in the Puget Sound region this year, RAVE Foundation is currently searching for where to build its next field. With multiple locations being considered, fans will have a chance to share which area they prefer, using the hashtag #FANS4FIELDS.
Throughout the match, RAVE will host a matchday auction featuring player-autographed items, game-worn items and exclusive matchday experiences. Auction items are available for viewing in person in Soccer Celebration and by texting SOUNDERS to 52182. All proceeds will benefit RAVE Foundation.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2019
- Orlando City to Host Atlanta in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Encourages Giving Back with RAVE Foundation-Themed Match this Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Honor FIFA World Cup Winner Alex Morgan Friday During Match vs. San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United to Play at Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 7 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Forward Will Bruin Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Create Safe-Standing Supporters' Section at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo sign defender Jose Bizama from Chilean club Huachipato FC - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Leagues Cup Final to be Played in the City of Las Vegas - MLS
- Timbers to Visit Hood River for Eighth-Annual Rose City Road Trip Presented by Providence Health & Services - Portland Timbers
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC to Host Portland Timbers in Semifinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Steve Lyons as Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC to Hold Open Tryouts for 2020 Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Boys U-19 Academy Win National Championship for Second Consecutive Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Patrick Mullins from Columbus Crew SC - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Jordan Hamilton and Assets in Trade with Toronto FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Orlando City SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Midfielder Robinho from Columbus Crew - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Defeat Los Angeles FC 1-0, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Portland Timbers
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 -1 New York City FC: Orlando Advances on Penalties - New York City FC
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Crepeau provides late heroics to set up decisive leg at BC Place on July 24 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Four Sounders FC Players Among List of Best-Selling 2019 Adidas MLS Jerseys
- Sounders FC Playoff Spirit Comes to Woodland Park Zoo Tomorrow, October 16
- Morris Named as One of Three Finalists for 2019 MLS Comeback Player of the Year
- Leyva and Ocampo-Chavez Called into U.S. U-17 Men's National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil
- Single-Match Tickets for Sounders FC's First Match of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Go on Sale Tomorrow at 2:00 PM PT