Thunder Announce Details Behind this Weekend's Pucks for Paws Game
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced this afternoon details behind the second annual "Pucks For Paws" game at Cool Insuring Arena this Friday, March 29.
Doors will open Friday evening at 5:00 p.m. for all fans and the festivities start with a pre-game pet expo in Heritage Hall. Steve Caporizzo's Pet Connection will be holding a LIVE broadcast throughout the expo until 6:30 p.m. You can also visit with veterinarian Dr. Jon Nelson of Helping Paws Veterinary Hospital and check out the pets from 11th Hour Rescue and Home for Orphaned Pets Exists (HOPE), two awesome local pet shelters.
New for this year's event, the Adirondack Thunder created their first ever "Pucks For Paws" calendar featuring Thunder players photographed with an assortment of cats and dogs. The calendars will be sold for $20 and can be purchased in Heritage Hall throughout the night or in advance through the ticket link below - all photos come from team photographer Andy Camp!
In the main lobby, the Thunder will have a "donation station" to accept any pet items - food, toys, leashes, towels and all other shelter needs will be graciously accepted! Anyone who makes a donation will receive an official Pucks For Paws magnet!
Everyone's favorite, the intermission Wiener Dog Race, presented by Classy Clip, is back for a second year! We are looking for a few more wiener dogs to round out the race - if you'd like to participate, head to www.bit.ly/adkwiener to register you and your pooch!
Tickets are available for the game at the Adirondack Thunder office, the Upstate Chevy Dealers Box Office at Cool Insuring Arena or online at www.bit.ly/ADKPaws. If purchased through the previous link, a portion of proceeds will be donated to a local animal charity of your choice!
Unfortunately, no outside pets will be allowed into Cool Insuring Arena that have not been pre-approved by the Thunder. With any questions or to be involved with Pucks For Paws, contact Molly Coventry at 518-480-3355 ext. 315 or email@example.com.
The Pucks For Paws game on Friday night is the first of two home games, and three overall contests, this week for Adirondack. The Thunder and Maine Mariners will finish the weekend with a home-and-home set beginning Saturday evening in Glens Falls. For the latest Thunder news, follow the team on all social media @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 25, 2019
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Raise Nearly $21,000 from Pink in the Rink Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- Savings, Family Fun and Giveaways this Weekend - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 25 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Stukel Heads Back to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Doherty and Kurker Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Call up Three from Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - March 25 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Weekly: Norfolk Pays Second Visit to Estero - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Announce Details Behind this Weekend's Pucks for Paws Game - Adirondack Thunder
- Peterson, Gosselin Recalled - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Weekly: Photo Finish Coming in North Division Playoff Race - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Weekly - March 25, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL to Utilize Video Replay Review for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 24 (March 18-24, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- KC Continues Their Hunt for a Playoff Spot as Road Trip Closes Out - Kansas City Mavericks
- Chase Up, Melanson Down as Mariners and Wolf Pack Swap Forwards - Maine Mariners
- Komets Clip Walleye 2-1 in OT; Wings Visit Wednesday, Mavs Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Home Friday and Saturday; Five Games to Go - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, March 25th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Continue Road Trip this Week with 4 Games - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 25 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Opt out of 2020-21 Season
- Adirondack Lands Veteran Forward Pete Macarthur in Trade with Orlando
- Rookie Defenseman Grant Frederic Turns Pro with Thunder
- Former QMJHL Champion Samuel Laberge Joins Adirondack
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Forward Chase Lang from IceMen