Thunder Weekly, March 25th
Wichita, KS - Wichita returned home for the first time in 23 days this past weekend. Take a look back at how the team fared in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Saturday, March 23rd
Tulsa at Wichita, 6-5 L
Sunday, March 24th
Tulsa at Wichita, 6-5 L (OT)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Wednesday, March 27th
Utah at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-College Night. Buy Tickets Here.
Friday, March 29th
Tulsa at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-Dinosaur Night Night. Buy Tickets Here.
Saturday, March 30th
Wichita at Allen, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
**All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App using the keyword The Sin Bin**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:20 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 3-5-2-0
Rank: 6th, Mountain Division, 59 points
Goals: Steven Iacobellis, 20
Assists: Steven Iacobellis, 40
Points: Steven Iacobellis, 60
+/-: Jakob Stukel, +5
PIM: Pierre-Cedric Labrie, 180
LAST WEEK - Wichita returned home for the first time in nearly a month to host the Tulsa Oilers this past weekend. On Friday, Wichita took a 2-0 lead, but failed to hold onto it and fell by the final of 6-5. The Oilers followed that up with a 6-5 overtime win against the Thunder on Sunday afternoon.
EASY MAC - Mark MacMillan finished with a season-high four points on Sunday afternoon, scoring twice and assisting on two others.
STUKES - Jakob Stukel returned from Bakersfield over the weekend and continued where he left off. He had five points, recording a goal and an assist on Saturday and then added three points on Sunday (2g, 1a). It was his third three-point game of the year.
FIRSTS - Calder Brooks recorded his first multi-goal game of the season on Saturday. He got things started and then book-ended a high-scoring first period with his third goal of the year.
HIGH FIVE - Stefan Fournier continued to fill the score-sheet this weekend. He has points in five-straight games (3g, 4a). Fournier had an assist on Saturday night and scored on Sunday.
SEASON HIGH - Wichita and Tulsa combined for 11 goals in the first 40 minutes on Saturday night and then followed that up with eight more in the first 40 minutes on Sunday afternoon. The total from Saturday night is a new season-high for combined goals through two periods of a game this season.
400 - Head Coach Malcolm Cameron is four wins away from reaching 400 in his ECHL career. He would be one of just five coaches to reach that mark in ECHL history.
THUNDERBOLTS... Ralph Cuddemi is tied for fifth with 11 power play goals... Steven Iacobellis is fourth in power play points (25) and tied for first in rookie assists (40)...Keoni Texeira is first in power play assists (26) and tied for first in power play points (28)...Wichita is 15-5-4-1 when leading after one...Wichita is 13-2-1-2 when leading after two...Wichita is 12-9-8-3 in one-goal games...
UP NEXT - Wichita remains at home on Wednesday night to host the Utah Grizzlies for the regular season series finale starting at 7:05 p.m.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 25, 2019
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Raise Nearly $21,000 from Pink in the Rink Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- Savings, Family Fun and Giveaways this Weekend - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 25 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Stukel Heads Back to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Doherty and Kurker Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Call up Three from Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - March 25 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Weekly: Norfolk Pays Second Visit to Estero - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Announce Details Behind this Weekend's Pucks for Paws Game - Adirondack Thunder
- Peterson, Gosselin Recalled - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Weekly: Photo Finish Coming in North Division Playoff Race - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Weekly - March 25, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL to Utilize Video Replay Review for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 24 (March 18-24, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- KC Continues Their Hunt for a Playoff Spot as Road Trip Closes Out - Kansas City Mavericks
- Chase Up, Melanson Down as Mariners and Wolf Pack Swap Forwards - Maine Mariners
- Komets Clip Walleye 2-1 in OT; Wings Visit Wednesday, Mavs Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Home Friday and Saturday; Five Games to Go - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, March 25th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Continue Road Trip this Week with 4 Games - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 25 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Captains, Skills Competition Participants Named for 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic, Presented by Toyota
- Wichita Falls in the Black Hills to Rapid City
- Wells Returns; Desharnais Recalled to Bako
- Gillam Wins Second Goalie of the Week Honors
- Thunder Weekly, January 13