Steelheads, St. Luke's Raise Nearly $21,000 from Pink in the Rink Jersey Auction
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads and St. Luke's Health System have announced the total donations from the Pink in the Rink weekend Jersey Auction on March 8 and 9 from CenturyLink Arena. Steelheads fans contributed $20,900 toward the St. Luke's Mountain States Tumor Institute (MSTI), the region's largest provider of cancer care and a leader in cancer research.
Fans had the opportunity to purchase a game-worn specialty jersey designed in-house by Senior Account Executive Erik Diehl surrounding the theme of pink and worn that Friday and Saturday. Six jerseys shared the highest bid of $1,500: Ryan Faragher, Keegan Kanzig, Kale Kessy, Steve McParland, Tomas Sholl, and Blue, the Steelheads mascot.
Since the Pink in the Rink game began in the 2005-06 season, the Steelheads and St. Luke's have raised $207,125.50 toward cancer research and treatment in Idaho, which has accounted for well over one-third of the $495,234.50 raised in St. Luke's jersey auctions since the 1997-98 season.
"The Steelheads and St. Luke's are incredibly happy with the support from the Steelheads community once again to raise over $20,000 toward cancer research and treatment," said Steelheads President Eric Trapp. "The Pink in the Rink Jersey Auction is always the biggest event of the season with the number of people that have been affected by cancer in some way, whether it's family members, friends or colleagues. We're fortunate to have a strong community to help us in these efforts, and we hope these funds can help one day find a cure for cancer and assist those that need the treatment."
The Steelheads hosted three charitable specialty jersey auctions over the 2018-19 season, including the Pink in the Rink auction. Steelheads fans have raised a combined $51,492 toward local charities throughout the season, including $14,022 toward St. Luke's Children's during Nickelodeon Night in December and another $16,570 for the Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction in January.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena on Wednesday, Mar. 27 at 7:10 p.m. against the Rapid City Rush.
Tickets for the 2019 U.S. Bank Kelly Cup Playoffs, presented by SmileDirectClub, will be available in the coming weeks, so follow idahosteelheads.com to see when tickets go on sale. Single-game tickets and ticket packages are available for the rest of the 2018-19 season. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 25, 2019
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Raise Nearly $21,000 from Pink in the Rink Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- Savings, Family Fun and Giveaways this Weekend - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 25 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Stukel Heads Back to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Doherty and Kurker Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Call up Three from Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - March 25 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Weekly: Norfolk Pays Second Visit to Estero - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Announce Details Behind this Weekend's Pucks for Paws Game - Adirondack Thunder
- Peterson, Gosselin Recalled - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Weekly: Photo Finish Coming in North Division Playoff Race - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Weekly - March 25, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL to Utilize Video Replay Review for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 24 (March 18-24, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- KC Continues Their Hunt for a Playoff Spot as Road Trip Closes Out - Kansas City Mavericks
- Chase Up, Melanson Down as Mariners and Wolf Pack Swap Forwards - Maine Mariners
- Komets Clip Walleye 2-1 in OT; Wings Visit Wednesday, Mavs Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Home Friday and Saturday; Five Games to Go - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, March 25th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Continue Road Trip this Week with 4 Games - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 25 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Slip in Return Home, 4-1, to Oilers
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Arthur Brey Ahead of Tonight's Game
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Earns First AHL Recall to Texas Stars
- Steelheads Announce Multiple Transactions with Trade, Assignment & Signing
- Spider-Man Slings in for Steelheads Marvel Super Hero Night Saturday