Doherty and Kurker Return to Manchester
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and General Manager, Doug Christiansen, announced today that forwards Michael Doherty and Sam Kurker have been returned to the Monarchs from the AHL.
The Monarchs are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Los Angeles Kings.
Doherty, 25, returns to the Monarchs after being loaned to the Providence Bruins (AHL) on February 11. In his time with the Bruins, Doherty skated in nine games, recording no points and 16 penalty minutes.
The 5-foot-11, 170-pound native of Reading, Mass., played in 43 games for the Monarchs before his call-up, where he scored five goals and 21 assists for 26 points. In his ECHL career, Doherty has logged 111 games in Manchester, while scoring 25 goals and 45 assists for 70 points.
Kurker, 24, returns from his second AHL stint of the season, this time with the Binghamton Devils, where he skated in seven games, recording two points on a goal and an assist. In 22 AHL games this year between the Devils and the Ontario Reign, Kurker has recorded six points on three goals and three assists.
The 6-foot-2, 203-pound native of Boston, Mass., has 32 games under his belt in a Monarchs uniform this season, racking up 27 points on 14 goals and 13 assists. In his two seasons in Manchester, Kurker has 56 points on 26 goals and 30 assists in 67 games.
The Monarchs return to action Wednesday, March 27 at 11 a.m., when they take on the Brampton Beast from the CAA Centre. To sign up for Pay As We Play playoff tickets or group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 25, 2019
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Raise Nearly $21,000 from Pink in the Rink Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- Savings, Family Fun and Giveaways this Weekend - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 25 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Stukel Heads Back to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Doherty and Kurker Return to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Call up Three from Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - March 25 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Weekly: Norfolk Pays Second Visit to Estero - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Announce Details Behind this Weekend's Pucks for Paws Game - Adirondack Thunder
- Peterson, Gosselin Recalled - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Weekly: Photo Finish Coming in North Division Playoff Race - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Weekly - March 25, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL to Utilize Video Replay Review for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 24 (March 18-24, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- KC Continues Their Hunt for a Playoff Spot as Road Trip Closes Out - Kansas City Mavericks
- Chase Up, Melanson Down as Mariners and Wolf Pack Swap Forwards - Maine Mariners
- Komets Clip Walleye 2-1 in OT; Wings Visit Wednesday, Mavs Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Home Friday and Saturday; Five Games to Go - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, March 25th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Continue Road Trip this Week with 4 Games - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 25 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.