Tayler Thompson Returns to Solar Bears
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that forward Tayler Thompson has been added to the club's roster.
Thompson, 26, had originally agreed to terms with Orlando for the 2019-20 season on Aug. 6 before signing with Czech Republic club PirÃ¡ti Chomutov in August. In order to protect Thompson's rights under ECHL rules, the Solar Bears suspended the forward on Sept. 29 prior to the opening of training camp, rendering Thompson unavailable for the first 40 days of the season. While in the Czech Republic, Thompson collected one goal and 10 penalty minutes in four games.
The 6-foot-1, 181-pound forward has 31 points (13g-18a) and 111 penalty minutes in 79 career ECHL games with the Solar Bears and Norfolk Admirals, and has also collected 83 points (23g-60a) and 188 penalty minutes in 112 games with the Fayetteville FireAntz of the Southern Professional Hockey League. During the 2016-17 season with Fayetteville, Thompson was named to the SPHL First All-Star Team after leading the circuit in points (60) and assists (42). Thompson also has three games of experience with Brest Albatross in France.
Prior to turning pro, the Bredenbury, Saskatchewan native played one season at the University of Saskatchewan, where he registered five points (1g-4a) and 12 penalty minutes in 27 games. Thompson played major junior hockey for the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League, where he posted totals of 11 points (5g-6a) and 17 penalty minutes in 66 games.
Thompson also played Junior A for the Yorkton Terriers of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, collecting 115 points (43g-72a) and 167 penalty minutes in 130 games and earning back-to-back SJHL titles in 2013 and 2014. During the 2013-14 campaign, Thompson helped Yorkton capture the RBC Cup for the Canadian National Junior A Championship.
The Solar Bears continue their road trip when they visit the Idaho Steelheads on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 9:10 p.m. ET at CenturyLink Arena. The Solar Bears return home to host the Norfolk Admirals on Tuesday, Nov. 26 at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 18, 2019
- Tayler Thompson Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Honoring McConnell Air Force Base on December 7 - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 18 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - November 18 - ECHL
- Mavericks Kids Day Game at 10:35 a.m. Tomorrow - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mariners Weekly: Heading South - Maine Mariners
- Parkkonen Returns from AHL Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Monday: Top Team Blown out in KC, First Road Trip this Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Weekly - November 18, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 18 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thursday's Game to be Played at 7:05 p.m. - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Weekly: Battle for First Place Set for this Weekend - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, November 18 - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Return Home vs Orlando this Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Home vs Orlando on Friday and Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Gain Three Points in Week 6; Walleye Visit Friday, Nailers Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 6 (November 11 - November 17, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Derek Clancey Selected for ECHL Hall of Fame - Reading Royals
- Jared Bednar Selected for ECHL Hall of Fame - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces 2020 Hall of Fame Class - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces 2020 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Royals Tied for League Lead in Points Entering Week - Reading Royals
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of November 18 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Close the Weekend with 3-1 Win - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Announce 2020 Protected List
- Orlando Solar Bears and Pizza Hut Team up to Help Central Florida Families in Need
- Solar Bears Purple Jersey Auction Now Live
- Solar Bears to Auction Jerseys to Benefit ECHL Players Beginning May 6
- Orlando Solar Bears to Sell Face Coverings and T-Shirts to Benefit Feeding Children Everywhere