Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener
Round Rock, TX - The Tacoma Rainiers managed just two hits, a season-low, as they were blanked by the Round Rock Express, 14-0, on Saturday at Dell Diamond for their third consecutive loss.
Shed Long finished 1-for-4 in his first game since being optioned back to Tacoma (32-37) from Seattle. Long and Lobaton provided a pair of singles in the defeat.
Round Rock (41-27) scored runs in seven different innings, including seven in the first three frames against Tacoma starter Anthony Misiewicz (2-4). The left-hander was charged with seven hits and four walks in 2 1/3 innings.
Southpaw Sean Nolin made his Rainiers debut and gave up a pair of tallies in 2 2/3 innings of relief. Nolin entered in the third and rolled a double play to get out of the inning with no further damage done.
Ryan Garton surrendered three runs in the sixth inning and Matt Carasiti was tagged for two runs (one earned) in the final two innings of work.
Over their current three-game skid, Tacoma has two runs and is 0-for-12 with runners in scoring position.
Tacoma can even the series with a victory on Sunday at 4:05 p.m. PDT. Lefty Jon Niese (3-1, 4.36) will make the start from Dell Diamond against the Express. Mike Curto will have full coverage of on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Tacoma Rainiers pitcher Anthony Misiewicz
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Missions Ace Reno in Extra Inning Thriller - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Make It Three in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Shutout Rainiers in 14-0 Thrashing - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas Takes Opener from Memphis, 8-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson's 200th Homer Highlights Sellout Win - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (27-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-39) vs Las Vegas Aviators (36-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at San Antonio - Reno Aces
- Winning Again with Power Hitting - San Antonio Missions
- Armed and Dangerous: Aviators' Starting Staff on a Roll - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats take series despite dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Take Down Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Takes Bees in 10 - Salt Lake Bees
- Homers Lead Bees to Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Evades Isotopes' Late Charge - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Derail Express 16-3 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Complete Three-Game Sweep of the Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Tacoma Rainiers and Tacoma Defiance Reviving "R Hat R City" to Team up with Downtown Tacoma Partnership, Hero Meals Program
- Statement from Tacoma Rainiers Regarding COVID-19, Gover Nor Inslee's Announcement
- Tacoma Rainiers Tickets on Sale Now for "Welcome Homestand"
- Brown Returning to Tacoma, New Pitching Coach Marks Lone Change to Field Staff in 2020
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale