Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans
The El Paso Chihuahuas put multiple runners on base in the bottom of the ninth inning for the second consecutive game but lost Friday to the New Orleans Baby Cakes 7-4. The Baby Cakes won two consecutive games after El Paso took the series opener.
Ty France went 2-for-3 with two solo home runs and has hit five home runs in his last four games. France has at least one homer in four straight games, one shy of the team record set by Austin Hedges in 2016. Jose Pirela also homered Friday and has four home runs in his last four games.
Robert Stock pitched two perfect relief innings in his first game since being optioned by San Diego, striking out four batters. New Orleans starter Zac Gallen is now tied for the Minor League Baseball lead in wins with nine.
The Chihuahuas have the best record in the Pacific Coast League but have lost their last two home series.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/baby-cakes-vs-chihuahuas/2019/06/14/579448#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579448
Team Records: New Orleans (37-31), El Paso (42-25)
Next Game: Saturday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Oklahoma City RHP Brock Stewart (1-4, 6.45) vs. El Paso LHP Kyle McGrath (3-1, 5.24). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Missions Ace Reno in Extra Inning Thriller - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Make It Three in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Shutout Rainiers in 14-0 Thrashing - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas Takes Opener from Memphis, 8-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson's 200th Homer Highlights Sellout Win - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (27-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-39) vs Las Vegas Aviators (36-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at San Antonio - Reno Aces
- Winning Again with Power Hitting - San Antonio Missions
- Armed and Dangerous: Aviators' Starting Staff on a Roll - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats take series despite dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Take Down Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Takes Bees in 10 - Salt Lake Bees
- Homers Lead Bees to Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Evades Isotopes' Late Charge - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Derail Express 16-3 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Complete Three-Game Sweep of the Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.