Homers Lead Bees to Victory
Jarrett Parker hit a two run homer in the top of the ninth inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a wild 13-11 win over the Memphis Redbirds on Thursday night. Jared Walsh led off the ninth with a walk and one out later, Parker sliced an 0-2 pitch just inside the left field foul pole to put Salt Lake in front.
Jeremy Rhoades worked a three up, three down bottom of the ninth to earn his third save. The Bees trailed 8-5 going into the seventh inning, but Taylor Ward tied the game with a three run homer. Later in the inning, Parker delivered an RBI double, Kaleb Cowart followed with a run scoring single with the sixth and final run of the inning coming in on an error to give Salt Lake an 11-8 lead. Memphis tie it back up on a three run homer by Kramer Robertson in the bottom of the eighth.
Salt Lake was down 2-0 in the third when they plated four runs with the last three coming in on a three run blast by Jose Rojas. Roberto Pena added a solo shit in the fourth to give the Bees a 5-2 lead. Rojas had two hits, including a homer, with three runs batted in and Parker added a double, a homer and three RBI. Parker Bridwell (3-3) picked up the win, as he went four and one-third innings and allowed five runs on seven hits with three strikeouts. Salt Lake starter Jaime Barria went just three and two-third innings and gave up six runs on six hits with five strikeouts.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Missions Ace Reno in Extra Inning Thriller - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Make It Three in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Shutout Rainiers in 14-0 Thrashing - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas Takes Opener from Memphis, 8-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson's 200th Homer Highlights Sellout Win - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (27-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-39) vs Las Vegas Aviators (36-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at San Antonio - Reno Aces
- Winning Again with Power Hitting - San Antonio Missions
- Armed and Dangerous: Aviators' Starting Staff on a Roll - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats take series despite dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Take Down Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Takes Bees in 10 - Salt Lake Bees
- Homers Lead Bees to Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Evades Isotopes' Late Charge - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Derail Express 16-3 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Complete Three-Game Sweep of the Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ
- Netting to be Extended at Smith's Ballpark
- Bees National Anthem Auditions Slated for March 7