Homers Lead Bees to Victory
Jarrett Parker hit a two run homer in the top of the ninth inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a wild 13-11 win over the Memphis Redbirds on Thursday night. Jared Walsh led off the ninth with a walk and one out later, Parker sliced an 0-2 pitch just inside the left field foul pole to put Salt Lake in front.
Jeremy Rhoades worked a three up, three down bottom of the ninth to earn his third save. The Bees trailed 8-5 going into the seventh inning, but Taylor Ward tied the game with a three run homer. Later in the inning, Parker delivered an RBI double, Kaleb Cowart followed with a run scoring single with the sixth and final run of the inning coming in on an error to give Salt Lake an 11-8 lead. Memphis tie it back up on a three run homer by Kramer Robertson in the bottom of the eighth.
Salt Lake was down 2-0 in the third when they plated four runs with the last three coming in on a three run blast by Jose Rojas. Roberto Pena added a solo shit in the fourth to give the Bees a 5-2 lead. Rojas had two hits, including a homer, with three runs batted in and Parker added a double, a homer and three RBI. Parker Bridwell (3-3) picked up the win, as he went four and one-third innings and allowed five runs on seven hits with three strikeouts. Salt Lake starter Jaime Barria went just three and two-third innings and gave up six runs on six hits with five strikeouts.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Missions Ace Reno in Extra Inning Thriller - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Make It Three in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Shutout Rainiers in 14-0 Thrashing - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas Takes Opener from Memphis, 8-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson's 200th Homer Highlights Sellout Win - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (27-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-39) vs Las Vegas Aviators (36-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at San Antonio - Reno Aces
- Winning Again with Power Hitting - San Antonio Missions
- Armed and Dangerous: Aviators' Starting Staff on a Roll - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats take series despite dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Take Down Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Takes Bees in 10 - Salt Lake Bees
- Homers Lead Bees to Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Evades Isotopes' Late Charge - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Derail Express 16-3 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Complete Three-Game Sweep of the Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.