'Cakes Make It Three in a Row
Albuquerque - Deven Marrero delivered his first multi home run game of the season and New Orleans defeated Albuquerque 4-1 in the series opener.
Monte' Harrison led off the game with a single and stole second base advancing to third on a throwing error. Lewis Brinson drove him home with a RBI single. The Isotopes answered with a run in the fourth inning on Pat Valaika RBI double.
Wilkin Castillo led off the fifth inning with a double and scored on a Isan Diaz base hit. The single for Diaz extended his hit streak to sixteen games.
Dustin Beggs pitched into the seventh inning working six and a third innings allowed one run on six hits in his fifth win of the season.
Marrero added a solo home run in the sixth and the ninth. Kyle Keller pitched the ninth to earn his fifth save of the season. The Baby Cakes have won three in a row and improve to 38-31 on the season and trail first place San Antonio by five games. New Orleans has won nine in a row at Isotopes Park dating back to 2016 season.
GAME NOTES- Isan Diaz extended his hitting streak to 16 games, longest streak of the season for the Baby Cakes and longest active streak in PCL. The 'Cakes picked up their seventh save of the month, leads the league. New Orleans added infielder Yangervis Solarte from Class A Jupiter and assigned catcher Rodrigo Vigil to Class AA Jacksonville. The 'Cakes are in a stretch of 30 of 39 games on the road.
UPCOMING - The 'Cakes and Isotopes meet in second game of series on Sunday at 7:05pm. RADIO- WODT SPORTS 1280 AM or cakesbaseball.com
NEXT HOME GAME - The 'Cakes return home Thursday June 20th to play Nashville in a four-game home-stand.
June 15, 2019
New Orleans 4
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Missions Ace Reno in Extra Inning Thriller - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Make It Three in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Shutout Rainiers in 14-0 Thrashing - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas Takes Opener from Memphis, 8-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson's 200th Homer Highlights Sellout Win - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (27-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-39) vs Las Vegas Aviators (36-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at San Antonio - Reno Aces
- Winning Again with Power Hitting - San Antonio Missions
- Armed and Dangerous: Aviators' Starting Staff on a Roll - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats take series despite dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Take Down Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Takes Bees in 10 - Salt Lake Bees
- Homers Lead Bees to Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Evades Isotopes' Late Charge - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Derail Express 16-3 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Complete Three-Game Sweep of the Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.