Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series
El Paso - The New Orleans Baby Cakes pounded three home runs and Zac Gallen earned his league leading ninth win as the 'Cakes defeat El Paso 7-4 in front of 8,089 fans. The 'Caked dropped the first game of the series but won final two to take the series.
Gallen allowed a season high three home runs but delivered five and a third innings allowing just four hits in the win. The New Orleans bullpen worked the final three and two third innings without allowing a run.
El Paso's Ty France drilled a pair of home runs and has gone deep in four consecutive games and five in the last four games. France and Jose Pirela opened the scoring with two solo shots in the first inning.
New Orleans answered with two runs in the third and added a two run home run from Tyler Heineman in the fourth inning. Monte' Harrison solo home run in the fifth inning built the lead to 5-3. The 'Cakes added a two run home run from Lewis Brinson in the eighth inning.
RJ Alvarez pitched the ninth and earned his ninth save. The Baby Cakes improve to 37-31 on the season and trail first place San Antonio by five games.
GAME NOTES- Isan Diaz extended his hitting streak to 15 games. New Orleans activated Monte' Harrison and assigned pitcher Tommy Eveld to Class AA Jacksonville. The 'Cakes are in a stretch of 30 of 39 games on the road.
UPCOMING - The 'Cakes travel to Albuquerque, New Mexico to open a four game series. Saturday at 7:35pm. RADIO- WODT SPORTS 1280 AM or cakesbaseball.com
NEXT HOME GAME - The 'Cakes return home Thursday June 20th to play Nashville in a four-game home-stand.
June 14, 2019
New Orleans 7
El Paso 4
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Missions Ace Reno in Extra Inning Thriller - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Make It Three in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Shutout Rainiers in 14-0 Thrashing - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas Takes Opener from Memphis, 8-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson's 200th Homer Highlights Sellout Win - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (27-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-39) vs Las Vegas Aviators (36-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at San Antonio - Reno Aces
- Winning Again with Power Hitting - San Antonio Missions
- Armed and Dangerous: Aviators' Starting Staff on a Roll - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats take series despite dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Take Down Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Takes Bees in 10 - Salt Lake Bees
- Homers Lead Bees to Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Evades Isotopes' Late Charge - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Derail Express 16-3 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Complete Three-Game Sweep of the Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.