Memphis Takes Bees in 10
The Memphis Redbirds pushed across the winning run in the bottom of the tenth inning, as they edged the Salt Lake Bees 5-4 on Friday night. After Salt Lake did not score in the top of the tenth, Memphis moved the extra inning courtesy runner from second to third and Adolis Garcia lined the first pitch he saw from Jake Jewell (3-3) into centerfield to drive home the deciding run.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the first on a solo homer by Matt Thaiss, his 11th of the season, but the Redbirds tied it up with a run in the bottom of the first. Salt Lake regained the lead in the third on a two run blast by Taylor Ward, his 13th of the year and added one more in the fifth on an RBI single by Jared Walsh. Memphis scored two in the fifth and then tied the game in the eighth on a leadoff homer by Rangel Ravelo.
Salt Lake starter Dillon Peters went four and two-third innings and allowed three runs on seven hits with four strikeouts and one walk. Reliever Matt Ball, who was making just his second career Triple-A appearance, worked four solid innings, as he gave up just one run on four hits with four strikeouts and one walk. Walsh led the Bees with his first four hit game of the season with one run batted in, while Thaiss added three hits, three runs and one RBI. Ward chipped in with two hits and two RBI, but Memphis takes the series two games to one.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Missions Ace Reno in Extra Inning Thriller - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Make It Three in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Shutout Rainiers in 14-0 Thrashing - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas Takes Opener from Memphis, 8-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Shut out by Express in Saturday Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson's 200th Homer Highlights Sellout Win - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (27-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-39) vs Las Vegas Aviators (36-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at San Antonio - Reno Aces
- Winning Again with Power Hitting - San Antonio Missions
- Armed and Dangerous: Aviators' Starting Staff on a Roll - Las Vegas Aviators
- Fresno drops rubber match to Iowa 7-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats take series despite dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Take Down Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Takes Bees in 10 - Salt Lake Bees
- Homers Lead Bees to Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Fall again to New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Evades Isotopes' Late Charge - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Derail Express 16-3 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Gallen Gets Another Win, 'Cakes Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Complete Three-Game Sweep of the Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.