Sturtz Recalled to Laval
PORTLAND, ME - Forward Andrew Sturtz was recalled to the AHL's Laval Rocket by the Montreal Canadiens on Monday. Sturtz appeared in seven games for the Mariners after being assigned on February 21st.
A 25-year-old from Buffalo, NY, Sturtz signed a pro deal with the Ottawa Senators out of Penn State University in late March of 2018. He spent parts of the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons with Ottawa's AHL affiliate, the Belleville Senators - appearing in a total of 35 games, scoring four goals and adding seven assists.
On January 3rd, Sturtz was traded from Ottawa to the Montreal Canadiens and assigned to Laval. On February 21st, he was reassigned to Maine. For the Mariners, Sturtz has played in seven games, scoring one goal, and adding three assists. He has played an additional four ECHL games this season for the Brampton Beast, with one goal and one assist. He has yet to make his Laval Rocket debut.
The Mariners are home on Tuesday at 7 PM to take on the Norfolk Admirals in the final non-divisional game of the year. This weekend, they have a home-and-home with the Railers - Friday at Worcester and Saturday at 6 PM at the Cross Insurance Arena. It's "Beacon's Birthday Bash," and the first 1,000 kids in attendance 12 and under will receive a Mariners travel toothbrush. Groups of 10 or more can get discounted tickets by calling 833-GO-MAINE. Individual tickets can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com, at the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena, or by calling 207-775-3458. All Saturday and Sunday home games also feature the Family Four Pack - four tickets, four food and drink vouchers, and four Mariners beverage koozies, starting at $80, and must be purchased in advance.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 9, 2020
- Solar Bears Sign Matt Alvaro - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 9 - ECHL
- Stingrays Announce Multiple Transactions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 9 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Sign Canisius Forward Nick Hutchison - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Weekly: Military Night Highlights 3 Game Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 2020 Toledo Hockey Hall of Fame Class Announced - Toledo Walleye
- Sturtz Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Kamerin Nault Signs PTO with Charlotte Checkers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Kelly Summers Returns to Adirondack from Binghamton - Adirondack Thunder
- Komets Homestand Continues - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - March 9, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Weekly, March 9 - Wichita Thunder
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 22(March 2 - March 8, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Weekly Report - March 9 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Weekly: Righting the Ship - Maine Mariners
- Stingrays Announce Late Season Broadcasting Update - South Carolina Stingrays
- Luukkonen Returned to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of March 9 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.