Starrett Turns Aside 28 Shots to Blank Eagles, 2-0
LOVELAND, CO. - Bakersfield goaltender Shane Starrett stopped all 28 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season, propelling the Condors to a 2-0 victory over the Colorado Eagles on Saturday. Forwards Josh Currie and David Gust netted the lone goals in the contest, as both teams finished 0-for-7 on the power play in the contest.
The first period would see Bakersfield earn three power plays, including 32 seconds of a 5-on-3 man-advantage, but Colorado's penalty kill would prove strong and shut down all three opportunities, sending the game into the first intermission scoreless.
The game's first goal would finally materialize early in the second period when Currie collected a rebound off the end boards at the side of the net and fed the puck past Eagles goalie Pavel Francouz. The tally would give the Condors a 1-0 edge just 2:17 into the middle frame.
Bakersfield would stretch its lead midway through the third period when Gust buried a shot from the left-wing circle to give the Condors a 2-0 advantage at the 11:07 mark of the final frame.
Colorado would earn a succession of power plays late in the contest, including an extend opportunity on a 5-on-3 man-advantage, but Starrett and company would not surrender a goal and Bakersfield would skate to the 2-0 win.
Colorado returns to action when they host the Tucson Roadrunners on Friday, January 18th at 7:05pm MT at the Budweiser Events Center.
Single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and start at just $18 per seat. Purchase your seats today by visiting the Budweiser Events Center box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2019
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 12 - Belleville Senators
- Sens Clip Griffins in Shootout - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Answer Back - Toronto Marlies
- Audette Scores Twice, Nets Shooutout Gamewinner in 6-5 Victory over Manitoba - Laval Rocket
- Starrett Turns Aside 28 Shots to Blank Eagles, 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Steal a Shutout in Colorado, 2-0 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Force Overtime but Fall in Shootout - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins in First Place After 5-2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Net Three Unanswered Goals, Top Wild 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Iowa Falters against Texas in 4-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Can't Fly with Gulls - Milwaukee Admirals
- Fourth Straight PPL Center Sellout Crowd for Lehigh Valley Sees Phantoms Lose - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gulls Dominate at Milwaukee - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Play Road Warriors in 4-2 Win at Bridgeport - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Devils Down Monsters for Fourth-Straight Win, 5-4 - Binghamton Devils
- Hartford snaps Bridgeport's franchise-record 15-game point streak at home - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Samsonov Earns First AHL Shutout in 3-0 Win - Hershey Bears
- Three-Goal T-Birds' Comeback Thwarted by Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Newcomer Carey Nets Late Game-Winner for P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Comeback Falls Short for Monsters in 5-4 Loss to Devils - Cleveland Monsters
- Kulbakov Shuts Down Crunch in 3-2 Win - Utica Comets
- Penguins Upended by Checkers, 5-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Downed by Comets, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Get Revenge with 5-3 Win over Pens - Charlotte Checkers
- Smith's Hat Trick Helps Amerks Turn the Tables on Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Game #34 Preview: Tucson vs. Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat365 Memberships for 15th Season of Stockton Hockey on Sale Now - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Close Home Stand against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Rockford Snags Point Thanks to Special Teams Surge - Rockford IceHogs
- Moulson Pots a Pair in Reign Victory - Ontario Reign
- Late Ontario Goal Drops San Jose - San Jose Barracuda
- Rutta Traded to Tampa Bay - Rockford IceHogs
- Slow Start Hinders Roadrunners in 6-3 Loss to Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rampage Top Wild for Ninth Straight Home Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Specialty Teams Play Pivotal Role in Eagles 6-3 Win over Condors - Colorado Eagles
- Wolves Torch Tucson - Chicago Wolves
- Gust Scores Twice in Condors Loss to Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Clinch Playoff Spot, First Round Schedule Announced
- Eagles Defeat San Jose 3-2, Punch Ticket to Playoffs
- Barracuda Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-1
- Forward Travis Barron Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Earn Big Points in 3-2 Shootout Win over Wolves