Solar Bears Teddy Bear Toss Set for Friday, December 21
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears will host their annual Teddy Bear Toss, presented by Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, when the team hosts the Florida Everblades on Friday, Dec. 21 at 7 p.m. at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center.
All fans in attendance are encouraged to bring new teddy bears or stuffed animals to throw onto the ice when Orlando scores its first goal of the game. The teddy bears and stuffed animals will then be collected and donated to children in need throughout Central Florida during the holiday season.
The Solar Bears will also wear specialty Ugly Holiday Sweater jerseys, which will be auctioned off following the game. Fans in attendance are also encouraged to wear their own ugly holiday sweaters to compete in an ugly holiday sweater contest throughout the game.
To help spread holiday cheer, the Solar Bears are proud to present a Buy One, Donate One offer for groups (minimum 15 tickets) between now and Dec. 21 for the Teddy Bear Toss game. For any qualifying group that attends the Teddy Bear Toss game, the Solar Bears will donate a matching amount of tickets to a non-profit/charitable organization of that group's choice for a future Solar Bears home game during the 2018-19 regular season. Groups of less than 15 can still take advantage of the BODO offer and have an equal number of tickets donated to one of several local charitable organizations that work with the Solar Bears. For more information, visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com/bodo.
The Teddy Bear Toss is a popular event throughout the professional and junior hockey ranks during the holiday season. The concept originated with the Western Hockey League's Kamloops Blazers during the 1993-94 season, and since then has been adopted by a number of teams, resulting in thousands of teddy bears and stuffed animals going to needy children. The Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League hold the record for most stuffed animals collected in a single Teddy Bear Toss, with 34,798 collected in Hershey's 6-3 win over the Binghamton Devils on Dec. 2, 2018.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears visit the Atlanta Gladiators on Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:35 p.m. at Infinite Energy Arena. Orlando then hosts the Greenville Swamp Rabbits for the first time this season on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 1:30 p.m. at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center for a FAIRWINDS Solar Bears Sunday. The first 100 FAIRWINDS members who show their FAIRWINDS debit or credit card and photo ID at the box office will receive a free pair of tickets to that day's game. Once the first 100 pairs are claimed, FAIRWINDS members can still take advantage of a buy-one-get-one offer for the game. For more information, visit fairwinds.org/solarbears. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The 2018-19 Orlando Solar Bears season is presented by XYMOPrint, Orlando's digital printing experts. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale! Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2018
- Appleby Stops 45 Shots in Loss to Florida - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Unbeaten Streak Ends with Loss to Manchester - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Use Three Straight Goals to Sink Mariners 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Can't Complete Rally at Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- Railers Tie Score with Five Seconds Left But Fall in OT 3-2 to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Solar Bears Teddy Bear Toss Set for Friday, December 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Dominate Admirals, 5-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Cyclones Have Successful Matinee Fishing Trip to Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elgin Pearce Assigned to Steelheads from AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Gasper Kopitar Announces Retirement - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- Jam Packed Homestand Highlighted by Marvel Super Hero Night - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Honor Heroes Friday with Sport Clips Military Night - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 5, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Teddy Bear Toss Returns this Saturday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Michael Garteig Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Newfoundland Growlers
- Taylor Signs PTO with San Antonio - Kalamazoo Wings
- Newfoundland's Garteig Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Tulsa's Fitzpatrick Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Evan Fitzpatrick Wins ECHL Rookie of the Month - Tulsa Oilers
- Pasquale Becomes 21st Gladiator to Play in the NHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stukel, Cuddemi Push Wichita Past Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Snap Skid with Shootout Triumph over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.