Stukel, Cuddemi Push Wichita Past Tulsa
Tulsa, OK - Jakob Stukel and Ralph Cuddemi each potted two goals to help push Wichita (8-9-3-1) past Tulsa (13-4-2-2) by the final of 4-2 on Tuesday night at the BOK Center.
Dylan Wells won his third-straight start, stopping 32 of 34 shots. Keoni Texeira and Steven Iacobellis each had two helpers in the winning effort.
Stukel put the Thunder on the board first at 3:49 of the opening period. Lane Bauer won a face-off to the left of Devin Williams and got the puck over to Stukel. He made a nice play near the goal line and tucked in his fifth of the year to make it 1-0. At 9:02, Cuddemi buried a one-timer on the power play to increase the lead to 2-0.
In the second, Charlie Sampair cut it to a 2-1 margin. He found a rebound off the pad of Williams and poked it in for his third of the year.
Ryan Tesink tied the game at 3:32 of the third. He tipped home a shot from Mike McKee for his seventh of the year and made it a 2-2 game. Cuddemi re-gained the lead at 8:07 when he fired a wrist shot from the left circle on the power play to make it 3-2. Tulsa kept the pressure going and pulled Williams during a late Wichita power play. Stukel found a loose puck behind the Oilers net and wrapped it home to close the scoring at 4-2.
Wichita recorded its second-straight multi-goal game on the man advantage. Cuddemi has three goals in his last two games. Texeira has five assists in his last two contests.
Wichita went 2-for-3 on the power play. Tulsa was 0-for-4 on the man advantage.
The Thunder returns home on Friday night to begin a three-game set against the Rapid City Rush starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2018
- Appleby Stops 45 Shots in Loss to Florida - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Unbeaten Streak Ends with Loss to Manchester - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Use Three Straight Goals to Sink Mariners 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Can't Complete Rally at Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- Railers Tie Score with Five Seconds Left But Fall in OT 3-2 to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Solar Bears Teddy Bear Toss Set for Friday, December 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Dominate Admirals, 5-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Cyclones Have Successful Matinee Fishing Trip to Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elgin Pearce Assigned to Steelheads from AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Gasper Kopitar Announces Retirement - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- Jam Packed Homestand Highlighted by Marvel Super Hero Night - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Honor Heroes Friday with Sport Clips Military Night - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 5, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Teddy Bear Toss Returns this Saturday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Michael Garteig Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Newfoundland Growlers
- Taylor Signs PTO with San Antonio - Kalamazoo Wings
- Newfoundland's Garteig Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Tulsa's Fitzpatrick Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Evan Fitzpatrick Wins ECHL Rookie of the Month - Tulsa Oilers
- Pasquale Becomes 21st Gladiator to Play in the NHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stukel, Cuddemi Push Wichita Past Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Snap Skid with Shootout Triumph over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.